Pizza

Options
One of the biggest things I've learned so far using MFP is that, though I love pizza (Pizza Hut's stuft crust supreme is my fav), I can't eat half a pizza in one sitting like I used to. One piece is more than enough at 487 calories a slice!

What have you learned about and modified from your "old" eating habits?

Replies

• HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Same thing with pizza...cept I could eat a whole pie by myself. :)
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I just do not get pizza anymore. My reward when I hit my goal is pizza. And I think I can still eat half a pizza:tongue:
    I love it and have to avoid it because I'm a person who cannot stop at one piece. I'm in awe of your resistance to eat more than one piece:happy:
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    If I eat all of my calories I won't be starving or feel deprived. Also, I do pretty intense workouts, and was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I have been able to enjoy a reasonable portion of everything I've wanted to eat and still lose a pound per week.
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    donatos......... I can eat a whole pizza. It is A LOT of calories but I still eat it...well not the whole thing but about half. I so wish I could stop
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yes, portion control used to be very hard for me...and eating one serving size of something....never did that.....but now I can count out a serving size and eat it and not put my hand back in for more....and the other night when my mom decided to get pizza from Johnny's...the most amazing pizza place in Louisiana....I looked on here to see what calories were in a slice of what I wanted and had one slice of pepperoni and a tiny slice of Sweep-the-Kitchen.....and was still under my calories for the day and got to eat a great pizza...though still not the greatest food choice...I didn't go overboard....
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have learned that most of the restaurants where I thought I was eating healthy and low calorie was not really healthy and low calorie. For example, I always had the impression that CPK was a healthier alternative. It can be, but you can't eat the entire portion they give you. Same with Pita Jungle, which I adore - but even their veggie wrap - if you eat the entire thing - is loaded. I've also learned to read the nutritional information that restaurants are usually willing to give you carefully.

For instance - at Z-Pizza - where I love to go - they tout their nutritional information. And quite frankly, it is better than most - however, if you look at their pizza nutritional information, it is for one slice of a small pizza. Which is not what you get when you order a single slice - you are getting a slice of the extra large pizza.

So I've learned/am learning portion control, and to really, really read and understand the nutrional values given out by restaurants.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    To maintain, most of the time I can eat what I want. I just have to watch my amounts and exercise regularly.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What have you learned about and modified from your "old" eating habits?

That "satisfied", "full", and "stuffed" are actually 3 distinctly different states.