Sugar question

Options
I have tried to track certain things and lately I have been looking at my sugar intake. MFP has me at a goal of 30 for the day for sugars. I'm planning on having 2 apples and those are 32 alone! How in the world do you eat well (fruits etc) and keep your sugar below 30? Yes I know fiber one brownies and vitatops have sugar but I wish I didn't have to count my fruit sugar. Doesn't seem fair since it's healthy. ;)

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Honestly, I don't worry about sugar from fruits. Its the processed sugar stuff like cookies, cake, etc that you should really be watching. But that's just my opinion!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The natural sugars found in fruits, veggies, dairy, etc. fall under your total carbs. I subtract those numbers from my sugar column and only count added sugar (also changed the number to 25g)
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My suggestion to you is to not worry about fruit sugars, milk sugars, etc. You will always go over if you do. You want to track sugar in processed foods: breads, candies, drinks, etc. Keep a low intake of processed foods and eat a lot of fresh foods and you'll see a big difference in weight, energy, mental clarity, and the like. You can also look up which fruits have the highest amount of fructose and stay away from those but in my opinion it is more important to have diversity in what you eat than to worry about natural sugars.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    For one thing it should be a varety of fruits...berries are better on sugar....So one of my two daily allowed fruits are berries and also just like fat or any other thing work it off everything at not set numbers but percentage of your total daily calories...and yes if i am a little over at the end of the day the world will not end.....I hope this helps.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oh and the most amazing advise I ever heard was that we should eat the rainbow everyday....ROY G BIV....Red orange yellow green blue and purple...The colors indicate the nitritients in each....A green vegetable or fruit has similiar nitritients and so on with the other colors.....EI Variety is the spice of life.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Apples are high you could have one apple and some berries. Just watch you Carbs.
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    DON'T WORRY ABOUT FRUIT SUGAR ....ITS NATURAL SUGAR! WHAT YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IS ALL THE SUGAR IN YOUR PROCESSED FOOD.....