Guess who got SPANKED???

I knew that would get your attention :tongue:

The FRENCHIES, that's who. After talking trash about spanking the US relay team, they placed a very close second to the Americans last night in a fantastic finish in the 4x100m freestyle. Unfortunately, I had to stay up until 11:45 to watch it, and now I am draggin *kitten*. I think I'll go get a coffee now... an AMERICANO!!!!:happy:

Replies

• I knew that would get your attention :tongue:

The FRENCHIES, that's who. After talking trash about spanking the US relay team, they placed a very close second to the Americans last night in a fantastic finish in the 4x100m freestyle. Unfortunately, I had to stay up until 11:45 to watch it, and now I am draggin *kitten*. I think I'll go get a coffee now... an AMERICANO!!!!:happy:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Bravo USA!

I'm following as much of the swimming, and gymnastics competitions as I can...plus track and field, though I haven't seen any track competition as of yet.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member

Wooooo Hoooooo - GO USA!!!!! We are awesome!!!! I didn't see the actual event, but saw the medal ceremony!!! Woot!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I thought you meant these Spanx
    amd_mollyshannon.jpg

Oh well! GO USA!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Phelps is doing well!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    My husband and I were up late watching that relay too. MAN was that great!! You guys must be SO proud of your team :flowerforyou: Our athletes are SO under-funded, really sad... but fortunately we have good neighbours we can root for in times like this :drinker: I LOVED Phelps' reaction when he realized the won!!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member

I'm right there with ya.. I was screaming at the TV... no one (even the American TV commentators) gave us a chance... it was AWESOME...

and, I have to say, it couldn't have been any sweeter than to beat those darn French who were running their mouths... they should know better than to mess with us...

All I could think last night was that the French newspapers should run a front page add with the picture of the celebrating American team and the headline.... MERDE! :laugh:

anyway... especially near and dear to my :heart: since I am a former competitive swimmer myself - although my times were never anything like theirs... I was happy to break a minute when I swam 100s!, the splits last night were in the mid 40s! :laugh:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    It was wonderful!!!!! I saw it!!!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    TAKE THAT FRANCE!!!

soldier-of-surrender.jpg
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Bonjour...

:tongue:
  • OMG, hilarious:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    It was a sweet moment to be an American!!!!
  • Oh my gosh it was so awesome! I was screaming at my tv "go! go! go! yay!!!" I'm lovin the olympics
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    It was an awesome moment...when he took off at a crazy speed toward that wall I was going nuts! That'll teach the French to run their mouths! KARMA!:laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I hadn't stayed up for it but I just watched the feed online. MAN!!! Gave me major chills! That is fantastic!!!

This is why I love the olympics!! Just the sportsmanship and sheer talent shown by people!! (And karma gets those that aren't very sportsmanlike!!!).

I am just in awe of these people!!
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    An awesome win! That's what happens when you go in over confident and run your mouth!

WELL DONE, USA! Phelps is in the zone!!!!!!!!!
  • TAKE THAT FRANCE!!!

soldier-of-surrender.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I thought you meant these Spanx
    amd_mollyshannon.jpg

Oh well! GO USA!!!
    I :heart: my Spanx!!!
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    TAKE THAT FRANCE!!!

soldier-of-surrender.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: Time out! I chipped a nail!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    TAKE THAT FRANCE!!!

soldier-of-surrender.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: Time out! I chipped a nail!

Assistant to Napoleon: Are we retreating mon General?
    Napoleon to Assistant; No, we are advancing on Paris, mon idiot!