Always hungry

Options
It's been around 50 days of watching my calories, and even when I wasn't watching, I had the same problem.

I'm pretty much just as hungry after a meal as I am before I start eating.
Is anyone else like this? How do you handle it?

Replies

• ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    What kind of things do you eat? Protein, fat, and fiber all do wonders to make you feel full.

Also, are you drinking enough water every day?
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    What kind of things do you eat? Protein, fat, and fiber all do wonders to make you feel full.

Also, are you drinking enough water every day?

I really make an effort to drink water, but I know i could drink more. As far as fiber and protein goes, I'm always over my goals!
  • jilaneeaf
    jilaneeaf Posts: 38
    Options
    It's been around 50 days of watching my calories, and even when I wasn't watching, I had the same problem.

I'm pretty much just as hungry after a meal as I am before I start eating.
    Is anyone else like this? How do you handle it?

I have the same issues! It has to be a blood sugar issue. I think I need to eat a higher protein lower carb diet. Interested to see what people say.

I'm right here with you!!
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    There have also been several studies done to the effect that if you don't get enough sleep, your cortisol and insulin levels go up, which make you hungrier. Just something to think about.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I always feel my most sated when I am eating at least 35% on both fat and protein. Also when I eat carbs I have to have them with a protein. If I eat a carb by itself I am usually more hungry about 15 minutes after I am done eating than when I started. It is a sugar crash for me. Try balancing all your meals and not eating carbs solo and see how it works for your feeling satisfied.

Smiles :)
    Ang
  • ebunni4
    ebunni4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a friend that was just recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.. It could be possible because one of the main symptoms is that it speeds up your metabolism, but also makes you feel as though you are never full enough... If you feel like that's you maybe you should see a doctor... But it's kind of a better thing because if you get rid of your thyroid you gain weight... Hoping your mind can conquer your stomach! Keep up the good work (I know it's tough)
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I have this problem too...I think it is all in what I am eating. I stay under my calorie limits, but I don't always eat the best stuff. Like myself, you should try higher protein and lower carb, I hear it makes a difference. I will let you know if it helps me! Good luck