This is the time I take my life back 10% at a time!

Options
This is my first week on this site. I am very excited about having a community of support. I have a large goal of losing over 150 pounds. For the first time in my adult life I want to lose it. I want to be a healthier me! So this is for me. :happy:

Because my goal is so large I have decided to take it 10% at a time. I will lose 10% of my current body weight. Once I reach that I will do it again and so on. I need lots of support but know I can do it.

I hope I can be inspirational to my family and friends and more.

My Disney World trip is in 2.5 years and I want to ride every ride with my kids. I also want to wear a bathing suit in Florida and not be embarassed.

If you have any advice or want to help support me that would be great!

Thanks MFP!!!

Replies

• cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! Good luck!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great goals! You are doing it the right way. Everyone here is rooting for you.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome Searbear! I too have over 150 pounds to lose and have been on here for almost 3 weeks now. I started my journey at the end of January and so far have lost 28 pounds. I am taking small goals too...every 10 pounds right now...with my first major goal of 50 pounds by June 23rd. I haven't set the next big goal yet or time frame, but I suppose it would be the 2nd 50 pounds!

I am highly motivated right now as the pounds are dropping and I have found two classes at the Y that I love...so find the activities you love and keep track of everything that you eat. I am sure that you will see success.

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want...and best of luck on your journey!

Kim:smile:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good for you ... setting a small goal is much more attainable. I recommend that you not deprive yourself ... if you are in it for the long haul (like I am) it is about eating in moderation, not suffering through. I am big on portion control and making better choices most of the time. BUT, I live with a chef so I can't give up all the foods I like ... I just don't eat ALL of it. Would be happy to be your friend if you need support.
  • kym_lewis08
    kym_lewis08 Posts: 393
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I haven't been here for very long but am so impressed by the supportive people here. When you are frustrated or tempting to cheat, you can find someone here to talk to instead.
    I love the 10% goals, it becomes so much less intimidating.
    Good luck with your journey!!
  • ginnybee
    ginnybee Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ginnybee. I just started 35 days ago. My son Jarrod and his wife Cathy gave me the courage to start ----between the two of them they have lost over 160 pounds--what more inspiration did I need?
    Looks like your children are inspiring you too.
    Tracking calories everyday has been helpful--it keeps you honest.
    Good luck to you