Weekend Woes

Options
I am just 7 days in on my journey and I have already had a tough weekend. I can do this 100% during the week, but when I have to live with my family on the weekend - it's over.

My goals are probably pretty stiff... 1500 cals a day.... doable during the week... but this weekend I blew it up on Saturday.

How do I maintain for the weekend days... or do I relax a little and try not to let it get out of had on those days???

Replies

• blindwebguy
    Options
    I am just 7 days in on my journey and I have already had a tough weekend. I can do this 100% during the week, but when I have to live with my family on the weekend - it's over.

My goals are probably pretty stiff... 1500 cals a day.... doable during the week... but this weekend I blew it up on Saturday.

How do I maintain for the weekend days... or do I relax a little and try not to let it get out of had on those days???
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    just do the best you can on the weekends.....it will get easier the more you do it and the more you see results I bet....its a life style change really....and just take baby steps you'll get it!

I think if you're being really good during the week, the weekend slip up won't be that big a deal....but as I said it will get easier w/ time....and yup you'll still have slip ups...we all do...but no beating yourself up! just getting back on the wagon....:drinker:

some things you can do is drink tons of water to keep you hydrated and not thinking you're hungry when you're not which makes you pick more (at least it does me) find healthy options at family get togethers....like if you love chips and dip, bring a nice veggie tray w/ a low fat dip....or salsa...creamy salsa is amazing and only 35 cals for two tbsp! ....things like that...or just taste a bit of things you really love...and then load up on things that are good for you like veggies and salad and grilled chicken....you won't be so apt to grab the more sinful stuff....or if you do it will be in moderation....just some suggestions for you...hope it helps some!

hugs and best to you!
    Ali
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it for starters...eating healthy takes practice just like anything else...soon you'll have your weekends on track as well!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Weekends are really tough on me too. The thing I really try to do is keep my eating schedule, that way I don't get starved and just pillage and plunder the 'fridge and cabinets. I also try to stay busy. I find the whole sitting around watching TV on Saturday is pure sabotage for me!!! I try to plan to do something fun that will keep me busy and my mind off food. I also use Saturday as the day that I allow myself the one meal I thought I couldn't live without during the week.

Good Luck!!! You can do it!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough for me too!!! My husband really loves me...

Men think:
    Food = Love

Women think:
    Food = Fat

::sigh:: I take it one bite at a time.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I like to eat out on the weekends. If I do I just make sure that my other meals are small. I can control what I eat at home but I'm not not as good when I'm out. Don't get too mad at yourself :noway: though it's a long term process and messing up once in a while is normal. :happy: Start again today.:flowerforyou:
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think you should let yourself have atleast one meal out per weekend where you know you were going to indulge and/or have a heavy night of drinking. I try to let myself measure all my meals before I go out to dinner or for drinks to know what my limit is. It helps a bit. Good luck. :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I only limited my caloric intake Monday thru Friday. Saturdays and Sundays were freebie days, although I still recorded the calories. As time wore on, I started being more careful on the weekends because I didn't want to sabotage all the hard work I'd done all week long. Gradually I have moved to maintaining my calorie limit seven days a week, although if I go over, it's on a weekend.

Don't stress it. Exercise and burn off the extra calories as much as possible. Enjoy life and your weekends. Just keep working towards that goal.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I only limited my caloric intake Monday thru Friday. Saturdays and Sundays were freebie days, although I still recorded the calories. As time wore on, I started being more careful on the weekends because I didn't want to sabotage all the hard work I'd done all week long. Gradually I have moved to maintaining my calorie limit seven days a week, although if I go over, it's on a weekend.

Don't stress it. Exercise and burn off the extra calories as much as possible. Enjoy life and your weekends. Just keep working towards that goal.

That is a really great plan!

Good luck on the weekends - I also find them tough, but I try to be a little more active to account for the extra eating! I know exactly what you mean though, as soon as Monday morning comes, I'm right on track, but I wake up on Saturday mornings ready for pancakes! It's the strangest thing!
    :flowerforyou:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It is really tough at the weekend for me too. We go shopping on Saturday, and there are these really, really good things in the house. Even though it is all healthy food, still too much of it...and I cook three meals on Saturday and Sunday. I like to bake at the weekend too...I try to eat small knowing that there are plenty of good things around and that I will want a bite of everything. :grumble:

So, I make sure that I go to the gym Saturday and Sunday, and stay there a little longer than I do during the week.:smile:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    I have now figured out that I am going to have to workout on the weekends as well. But Sundays will be not so agressive as the rest of the week.

I just think you have to ask yourself, because in most cases you already know what you need to do. Listen to yourself, you are your worst enemy and your best friend.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was concerned about weekend woes as well. So I decided to find ways to burn calories! I did some brushing out of a field on Sat, and we went for a 3 hour bike ride yesterday. (18 friggin miles, and boy howdy do I feel it now, hehehe). But there ARE ways to burn extra calories, if you paln for it. So even if you do a wee bit of indulging, you can still be ok by burning it off.