awesome NSV - back in my wedding tux pants from 1994

Options
arc918
arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
Four or five months ago, I told my wife and kids I wanted to get back into my wedding tux (pants were the real issue). I tried them on for the family and the pants were a good 3 inches too small in the waist. I was sure I could really get back into them, as I remembered them being pretty tight even back in the day.

I just tried on those pants a couple days ago, and they fit!

As an extra added bonus, I now have a painfully out style tux with lots of dust on the jacket...

Anybody got any black tie events?

Replies

• RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!

We always have some formal event on base, so I'm definitely losing to look killer in that little black dress.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    So Awesome, Big Congrats, save them for the kids wedding...........LOL!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have a whole closet full of clothes that I've managed to "outgrow'. My daughters go shopping in there each time they come home. I may have to kick them out of it soon, I'm actually getting back to "my" size!! I know how awesome it feels to put on something you couldn't wear, and now you can.

You rock!!
  • pretzels113
    pretzels113 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats!
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    ok...I have seen this acronym a couple of times aroudn MFP. What is "NSV"? I can't figure it out. Help!! :)
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I just tried on my wedding dress yesterday. It fit! Of course, I was about 40 pounds overweight when I got married, but it's a far cry from the 90 pounds overweight I was in January!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    ok...I have seen this acronym a couple of times aroudn MFP. What is "NSV"? I can't figure it out. Help!! :)

Non Scale Victory. Just learned that a few weeks ago myself
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    "Doin a touch-down style dance" Oooooooh yeah. Congrats!
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love these kind of NSV's! My goal is to get into a dress that I wore on NYE 2006.
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We are playing a game of Formal Kickball in July for my 30th birthday if you want to visit MI. My goal is to fit into my Junior high school prom dress for the event.. Getting close! Perfect for an out of date Tux!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    We are playing a game of Formal Kickball in July for my 30th birthday if you want to visit MI. My goal is to fit into my Junior high school prom dress for the event.. Getting close! Perfect for an out of date Tux!

Sounds like a blast! The only question is whether I can kick and run in my high waist tux pants...

Thanks for the props everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!