Gardening and working out calorie lose

Options
so today I have done about 5 hours gardening and don't know how to track it. I have mowered the lawn, cut the hedges and strimmed the edges and pulled out some bushes that needed uprooting.

I have been on a website and entered my weight etc and it's claiming 351 per hour but that seems alot to me.

How's do you guys track it?

Replies

• cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Use the database. Mowing, raking, and gardening is all in there.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I track gardening for sure. I just track it as one thing. For you though, I would suggest tracking mowing separate. The calorie burn per hour seems about right.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow I should do the gardening everyday lol
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Damn.! You did alll that!? LOL :)
    MFP definitely overestimates the calorie burn. You'd be safe cutting the estimate in half or counting 3/4.
    I have a HRM and I check that what MFP says and it is always way lower.
    so today I have done about 5 hours gardening and don't know how to track it. I have mowered the lawn, cut the hedges and strimmed the edges and pulled out some bushes that needed uprooting.

I have been on a website and entered my weight etc and it's claiming 351 per hour but that seems alot to me.

How's do you guys track it?
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am a 212lb man and mfp claims 2400 so I have put it in at 1542 so hoping it's somewhere in that region. I won't be eating my the majority or my cals back so hopefully I'll be on track for some weight lose tomorrow.

Didn't even get a decent sun tan but the garden looks much better lol