quick breakfast?

Options
I am looking for something that I can grab and go in the morning. I will be up early and walking before work. I will have about ten minutes to have a bite to eat or drink. I don't want to wait until my first break at work, that isn't until ten in the morning. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    How about a protien bar and some fresh fruit(that u cut and bag the night before)...
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I just posted something similar asking about pre-workout meals/breakfasts. I find it easiest for me when I have something like an apple or banana in the morning, I can eat it anywhere and since it doesn't require cooking it is fast and healthy.

Sometimes I eat a banana with some raw macadamia nuts or other nut, just to get some good sources of energy and fuel. I am trying to find more things but I am usually rushed in the morning so a piece of fruit is my normal breakfast.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Look at the top of this post. Find the "search" feature. Input "quick breakfast ideas". Tada!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes a large breakfast sandwich. It is a wheat muffin, real egg whites, cheese, and turkey sausage. Only 260 cals. Microwave for 1.5 minutes.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I use a rice cooker and put regular oats, apples, raisins in it. Hit the ON button and then head out for a walk. By the time I get back the oatmeal is ready. I can either eat it at home or throw it into a to-go bowl and eat on the road.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I usually throw a cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch in a baggie and snack on that.
    I tried hard boiled eggs, but just couldn't do the yolk that early in the morning!
    In a pinch I usually have a bag of Jack Links Steak Nuggets stashed in my car (if my son hasn't found it!) and I usually have string cheese in the fridge.
    I have also scrambled up some eggs the night before and throw them in a tortilla with a couple slices of ham and some shredded cheddar cheese and salsa-pop it in the microwave for a couple seconds and you can eat that in the car on the way to work.

Looking forward to seeing other peoples suggestions!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I go for a protein shake! they are quick and keep me full until lunch!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Banana and pnut butter give you some fuel to start your day and only takes a couple of minutes, plus some good fiber : )
  • pandabrownie
    pandabrownie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How about an egg white frittata which you can make on Sunday to last you the whole week? Just grab a slice in the morning and zap it in the microwave for a minute or a minute thirty. I have to be at work some mornings at 6am and am still looking for the ideal thing to grab in my hand but haven't found it yet. Oh, and the frittata can be made with or without crust, and with your favorite veggies.

6211538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    string cheese, a few nuts and a piece of fruit. Oatmeal, fruit, nuts. Hard boiled egg, peanut butter( all natural) on whole wheat toast with a piece of fruit.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    instant oatmeal. And fruit during your first break.
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A container of yogurt with a tablespoon of granola sprinkled on top. If I am feeling fancy, I add some banana and/or strawberry.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    banana and peanut butter sounds like solid advice, and maybe some dry cerea tool if that doenst fill you up.

i also liked the string cheese idea.

maybe boil some eggs the night before too? breakfast can be really easy if you plan it before you're groggy and in a hurry at 6am.
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Greek Yogurt with fresh blueberries in it! Yum.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Multi grain cereal, banana or if I have no time...I eat a fiber bar.

2639362.png
  • Mqannie
    Mqannie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump