What type of exercise should I be doing?

Options
ahmommy
ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
I'm near my goal weight and I'm curious about what types of exercises I should really be doing. Currently I'm doing ab exercises 6 days a week and riding an exercise bike for 30 minutes 5 days a week. I'm trying to get down to 140 in anticipation of gaining a couple pounds back when I go on maintenance. My ultimate goal is 142-143. I'm currently at 144.

I've seen a definite improvement in my core definition, although I still have enough of a layer of fat that the muscles aren't obvious. That doesn't really bother me, I'm not trying to get a hard body, I just don't want to look pregnant when I'm not.

Should I start focusing less on cardio and more on overall strength training? I have limited time during the day that I can work out so I want to do the right things.

Replies

• JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    HIIT or interval training can get you the best of both worlds (Cardio and Strength Training) in a limited amount of time.. If you use your time wisely with type of exercise you can burn roughly 415 calories in 30 min.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    HIIT or interval training can get you the best of both worlds (Cardio and Strength Training) in a limited amount of time.. If you use your time wisely with type of exercise you can burn roughly 415 calories in 30 min.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes strength train - read the book "The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler. Lift heavy weights!

There are many interval training workouts on youtube!