Heart Rate Monitor /Fitness Watch

Options
Hi there,

I am thinking about purchasing a heart rate (watch) monitor. Do you have one that you would recommend?

Replies

• rljohnson11
    Options
    Polar F4. Accurate, reasonably priced (a huge thing for me!), easy to use...
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Polar F4. I love it!!!!!
  • Vfrick
    Vfrick Posts: 4
    Options
    I have had a few and the one I have now I love, but has everything I need on it plus more that I do not need as well. I do not use all it features. I would shop around ask lots of questions and have clerck help you to determine what you may consider that would be a good fit for you with out loosing an arm and leg to pay for it.
  • arbellas
    arbellas Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. I love it! But anyone that you get make sure it has a chest strap...and I highly suggest Polar as a company.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4....ditto on what the above folks said. Easy to use...not too expensive and seems reliable. You'll love it :-)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Does the Polar F4 tell you the amount of calories burned?
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I use the Mio Classic watch, and I think I like it. It's the only one I have experience with, and it seems quite accurate! You can track calories burnt, weight, calories in, and goals.

Here is the link to Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Mio-Classic-Select-Heart-Monitor/dp/B00106ARH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1303328662&sr=1-1
    :smile:
  • rachel_can
    rachel_can Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to echo TNAJackson's question - does it measure the amt of calories burned?
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4. I bought it about 2 months ago on buy.com for 79.00. It tells number of calories burned and beeps when you enter or leave your target heart rates! It will really motivate you to work out!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It sure does!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have Sportline that I got extra cheap on E-bay. I love it and find myself checking my heart rate all the time.
  • mbofinger
    Options
    I, too, have the Polar FT4 & have been really happy with it. I am fairly new to using it, only about a month or two now, but it is very easy to use. It is so nice to have a more accurate calorie burned number, rather than guessing.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4. I bought it about 2 months ago on buy.com for 79.00. It tells number of calories burned and beeps when you enter or leave your target heart rates! It will really motivate you to work out!

Can you turn the beep off if you want? I don't really want it beeping during our instructor's exercise teaching...
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch $41 at Amazon. Yes, it does calories, zones, %. I have had NO problems with it and have had it since Jan
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin FR60. I've been happy with it. What ever you get MUST have a chest strap or you are wasting your money.

1horsetown
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Go get a Polar.. I'm looking into a Polar FT7.

I had the TImex one that previous poster mentioned and I wound up taking it back because it was way off on the calories. So be weary of what you get..
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Can you turn the beep off if you want? I don't really want it beeping during our instructor's exercise teaching...

Yes you can turn the sound off on the Watch!!!!!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I love it, I won't exercise without it! I can swim with it which is a major plus, and it saves all the data from my workouts. It has a chest strap and it's really comfortable, I don't even notice it anymore.
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So if I understand well, the Polar FT4 has also the chest strap and is pretty good!

What are the differences between the FT4 and FT7? According to their website, the FT7 shows if you're burning fat ?!
    Not really clear to me lol.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    not to get into a HR monitor war but I wanted to toss back in my bid for one. My Timex (at least the one I have) is accurate with the calorie burn as I often compared it to this site http://www.caloriesperhour.com/ as a means of comparison, The calorie burn that I had when I was 10 pounds heavier is now lower- as it should be. I have read so many reviews on all of these. Any of them is fine. But I agree that a chest strap appears to be the most accurate whichever one you chose and/or have the money for. :smile: I just am glad I got one.