Help losing the last few pounds!

Options
Howdy From Wyoming!

Anyone women out there who have pushed through and lost the VERY LAST few pounds after having a baby???

I am 125 and 5'4! I really want to see 122 in the next few weeks. Yes I am using light weights for toning and eating clean! I know muscles can add weight. I want that flat tummy.
28 inch waist
33.75 Baby belly buldge
36 inch hips

If you have done this and are now maintaining...I need more Ideas!
Spill the beans.
Do I have to workout harder, longer, or does it just come off with time???

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Work out the same (just as hard as ever; increase weights and intensity as your fitness level increases).
    Increase your calories just a bit (i.e., if you're dialed in to 1 lb/week loss, change it to 0.5lb/week).

Remember, if you've been doing something which has been working, why change it?
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I had three babies and now at 40 (5ft 1 1/4 inches), suddenly have an extra 10 lbs that aren't budging...not at all.
    I am lifting as well and am less concerned with the weight on the scale as with the measurements around my
    belly and butt! Hope you can find something that works for you, i am still looking!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I agree with Taso for the most part, except where it was said-if you are doing something that works why change it. Your body adapts to things. Have you ever done cross training? Where you are doing different forms of cardio exercise. I would change up your routine a little and start adding more weight. Don't be afraid of bulking up, because without use of gaining agents most women do not get bulky. Increasing your weight, but staying in the 12-15 reps, which by the last 3 repetitions you should be reaching fatigue. Muscle, even if you do gain, will help you to take off fat. Don't be too concerned with the 122, rather-getting the fat off is a better goal!! Two years ago before I got preggo I was down to a 160 and wearing a size 10 (I am 5'10-so that is small for me). I normally wear a size 10 at 145. So at that point when I found I fit a size I normally wear 15 lbs lighter I wasn't so concerned with my weight.
  • wyomingmama
    wyomingmama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts.
    I will try hitting it harder. And I will try upping my free weights to 5 pounds.
    We will see!