So sad but so good...

Options
So I work fulltime, I'm a wife, and a mother. There are not enough minutes in a day to get things done, seriously. So ever since I had my daughter, we have had our cleaning lady come to our house and deep clean the house once a week. It's nice, really. I trust her so she has the key to our house, comes while we're at work, cleans the house, I come home and it's nice and smells good.

With gas prices going up, grocery bills sky rocketing, and everything else that you can imagine increasing in cost, I decided that I didn't want to have the cleaning lady come once a week anymore. Well, the house has to be cleaned right? I mean I pick up during the week, but bathrooms have to be scrubbed, floors have to be mopped, carpet has to be vacummed, etc.

Guess who got off her *kitten* this weekend and cleaned the hell out of her house? bow4.gif It felt so good to scrub the hell out of my house, seriously! And, on top of that, it was a workout! :noway: :noway:

But with that being said, i'm over it...I WANT THE CLEANING LADY TO COME BACK THIS WEEK! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    So I work fulltime, I'm a wife, and a mother. There are not enough minutes in a day to get things done, seriously. So ever since I had my daughter, we have had our cleaning lady come to our house and deep clean the house once a week. It's nice, really. I trust her so she has the key to our house, comes while we're at work, cleans the house, I come home and it's nice and smells good.

With gas prices going up, grocery bills sky rocketing, and everything else that you can imagine increasing in cost, I decided that I didn't want to have the cleaning lady come once a week anymore. Well, the house has to be cleaned right? I mean I pick up during the week, but bathrooms have to be scrubbed, floors have to be mopped, carpet has to be vacummed, etc.

Guess who got off her *kitten* this weekend and cleaned the hell out of her house? bow4.gif It felt so good to scrub the hell out of my house, seriously! And, on top of that, it was a workout! :noway: :noway:

But with that being said, i'm over it...I WANT THE CLEANING LADY TO COME BACK THIS WEEK! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have one also, she comes every other week. It's the single best money we spend every month. No frustration about who has what chores, no fighting about keeping the house clean, just pick up your crap and she cleans everything else (carpets, floors, fans, baseboard, bathrooms, etc) every other week. Go on, keep somebody employed! :happy: :drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh wow!!! if you don't want her...I DO!!!

LMBO..it does feel good after the house is immaculate I have to agree and you do get a work out...then just give my son and hubby a day and its back to AS IS...which is what I am soooo over....:grumble:

hugs! (get her back! lol)
    ali
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    I am a self admitted neat freak. There is no way that somebody else could clean my house and not have me going behind them and doing it my way! :laugh:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am a self admitted neat freak. There is no way that somebody else could clean my house and not have me going behind them and doing it my way! :laugh:
    Oh, it's not without it's challenges. It took my wife awhile to come around to letting someone else do the work, and even now she goes around to all the rooms and repositions every picture, bowl, candle and decoration "just so". She's a convert now, though - we're trying to get her mother to do the same.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    How about every OTHER week?

I hate cleaning house. I just don't do it anymore. :angry: I figure it this way - I live with THREE men (One is a smoker and a pack rat), and three cats - there is NO WAY I'm keeping this house clean for more than a couple days with FUR, nicotine stains on the walls, dust kitties, koolaid spills, human hair (3 of us are long-hairs), stubble-leavings from the cordless razor, two cat-boxes (think cat litter everywhere) you name it, it's everywhere:frown: . It actually makes me feel rather helpless and angry, like a prisoner, to live with a packrat, because I am a neat freak too, but once you're looking after 3 other people, it's a lost cause. :explode:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    How about every OTHER week?

I hate cleaning house. I just don't do it anymore. :angry: I figure it this way - I live with THREE men (One is a smoker and a pack rat), and three cats - there is NO WAY I'm keeping this house clean for more than a couple days with FUR, nicotine stains on the walls, dust kitties, koolaid spills, human hair (3 of us are long-hairs), stubble-leavings from the cordless razor, two cat-boxes (think cat litter everywhere) you name it, it's everywhere:frown: . It actually makes me feel rather helpless and angry, like a prisoner, to live with a packrat, because I am a neat freak too, but once you're looking after 3 other people, it's a lost cause. :explode:

You aren't the only one who gave up!!

We (read 'we' as 'I') keep the house picked up, and hubby helps out a LOT by doing laundry and dishes, but the real deep down cleaning gets shafted. No time to do it. About once a month we get around to scrubbing the toilets (or before guests come over). About once every two months I vacuum (thank goodness we have no furry pets!), about once every two months the kitchen is swept (never walk thru my kitchen barefoot, thanks to the almost 3 y/o forever getting food EVERYWHERE on my floors), and the tubs get a scrubbing about once a month.

I just have no time to do it in, and when I do have time, I have other projects that require my attention. I'd love to be able to do it all, but I'm no superwoman.

I mean, when my choices are 1. have a clean house, or 2. enjoy friends and family.... well, good friends and family overlook a dirty house!! :wink:

I'm wondering if I could spare the change for a house cleaning once a month though.... hmmm. Probably not, I'm way to cheap. :laugh: