How do you resist the urge?

Options
How do you guys resist the urge to eat a bunch the Easter candy that sits out? My co-worker brought in p.b m&m's and mini reese cups (my 2 all time faves) and then are way to many! I just couldn't help it and now I am mad at myself. Being one that has what I would say alot of will power (i quit smoking cold turkey with no aides and a certain drug habit) but just can't seem to control myself around this tempting chocolate!!!!

Replies

• BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well I myself cant resist it so I just have a few of them to satisfy my sweet tooth Just dont eat too much and u should be fine :smile:
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've just eaten a whole bunch of Cadbury mini eggs...so, I'm not the one to ask!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm not someone that can have 1 or 2 of anything.. So, I just walk away! Good luck! :wink:
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Moderation. I never resist the urge to eat something. I just remind myself that I can have more tommorow if I really want to, and I practice mindful eating...that is I think about eating when I am eating, nothing else, so I can keep tabs on what I am doing so I don't overeat. :)
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fruity-flavored gum is my savior. I'm kind of addicted actually. But hey, 5 calories vs. 100, well, works for me. Give gum a try. Some of the flavors I recommend, Wrigley's 5: Elixir or React flavors; Trident Layers: Strawberry or Green Apple; and for awhile I loved the Extra Dessert Delights. Kinda tastes like the real thing. For me the point is I kind of get a sweet taste to stave off the cravings.

You could also bring in the 100 calorie snack packs and keep them tucked in a drawer for those difficult days.

I reward myself on days where I do heavier exercising. Since I have the extra calories, I'll treat myself to something I love (in my case, ice cream). Sometimes I use that as a bribe. Sure, M&Ms are tasty, but would I rather have that or my favorite treat? I think you just have to slowly train yourself.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I would have told myself I could have 2 peanut butter cups after lunch & took 2 more for after dinner, then logged them all right away.
    You can always have more tomorrow! Chew gum when you are done, or keep a toothbrush at work & brush! Hot tea works great for curbing the sweet tooth if you need to. :smile:
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating all sugar. Now I lost all desire for sweets. Since you did it with cigarettes, maybe you can do it with sugar.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating all sugar. Now I lost all desire for sweets. Since you did it with cigarettes, maybe you can do it with sugar.

O wow what great willpower u have, I would NEVER be able to give up all sugar.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat the first one, I'm good. Once I allow myself to eat one, though, I can't stop.