Water

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
What do you define as water? I hate water but drink several glasses of milk each day. Can I count this as part of my water intake? I do not count my unsweet tea at night but thought I might be able to squeeze my milk in to water. Thoughts?

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you have to digest it, then it's not water. Sorry milk has to be digested... I don't think it counts.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think anything that is clear, and not sweetened can be considered water. I drink green tea and count that as water. Milk, I wouldn't. Water is calorie-less and hydrates the body to cleanse and filter out toxins.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Not to hijack someone elses thread (sorry) but what about Mios? I drink 64oz a day but I add just a little squirt of the tea flavor so I am more apt to drink that much. Please, please tell me this still counts as water intake!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I think anything that is clear, and not sweetened can be considered water. I drink green tea and count that as water. Milk, I wouldn't. Water is calorie-less and hydrates the body to cleanse and filter out toxins.

Since most tea contains caffeine you can't count it as water unfortunately.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i use tesco double strength no added sugar dilute - a really small amount in a big 2litre jug of water a day whilst at work does a treat
    in my drinks I found the nutritional values for the dilute (less than 40kcals) and then if i drink the full 2 ltrs its 8 x 250ml glasses so i can log 8 glasses of water and log the nutritional values of the dilute

may not be 100% perfect but I hate plain water and it was a case of adding a really small amount of dilute or not drinking any water at all
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    nothing replaces plain ole water.....put a lemon slice in it if that helps......I have to drink bottled water and I drink those with no problem!
  • LacieLamp
    LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm going to have to agree milk is not water. LMBO Really?
  • MissJanay
    MissJanay Posts: 17
    Options
    yes MIO still counts as water. Anything that is actually water counts. Water with a tea bag in it, water with MIO, water with crystal ligth.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Tea is a diuretic, thereby defeating the "hydrates the body" principle. Soz.... water based, but not water.
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Water counts as water!!! Sorry! Maybe add some fresh fruit to help spice it up :)
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The lemon really does help, and anything clear and caffeine/sugar free counts for the most part. Caffeine actually dehydrates you so has opposite affects of water. Most green tea though is caffeine free -- go for that instead.
  • itaroman
    itaroman Posts: 2
    Options
    I am not a water drinker, but I do drink a lot of Crystal Light. Does that count as water?
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Jinkle12
    Jinkle12 Posts: 1
    Options
    thats a good question i was wondering my self ??