calorie limit

loodoo87
loodoo87 Posts: 33
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
i am 97 calories over my 1200 limit today. i feel very guilty. need reassurance. i have been under nearly every other day, is it ok or will it make a difference?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    If you have your calories set to lose one lb a week then you are in a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day. Going over by 97 calories still puts you in a 400 calories deficit for the day. i think now and again this is fine and you will still lose weight.
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Go work out for 20 minutes and you'll be right back under again. :-)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    That's not bad at all! You'll be fine. Remember that the calorie allowance is set for you losing weight, so if you go over by so little, it won't affect anything. Also keep in mind that because we mostly estimate the calories in/out, that 97 is even less of a big deal. It's probably even good to go over just a little from time to time.

Don't worry about it, you're doing fine!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    It doesn't matter if you're 97 over. The 1200 probably puts you at about a 500 calorie deficit, so after eating 97 extra calories, you still have a deficit of 403.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    i am 97 calories over my 1200 limit today. i feel very guilty. need reassurance. i have been under nearly every other day, is it ok or will it make a difference?

It is not much still that you eat especially if it is after your workout .
    Check out this site :)
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • loodoo87
    loodoo87 Posts: 33
    I would work out but i have just got in from a long day at work and its 9.50pm. going to bed. Thanks for the positives though
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Goodness, you're fine. The number is a daily calorie TARGET, not LIMIT. And, all numbers here are estimates. If you're within plus or minus 100, you're A-OK. In fact, it will do you some good to go over once a week. (but 97 doesn't really count as an overage. i mean go over-over. like 500-1000 above).

Try not to dip below 1200 net too often. That is the healthy bare minimum for most women.
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Ofcourse it's ok one day won't make that much of a difference trust me! You'll be ok tomorrow. I went over the limit for a weekend but it was ok by the next week when I was careful again. So don't worry :)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Of course it's not OK! The world is going to crack open and fire and brimstone will fall from the sky! NOT!

Even it out over the course of the week or pick up a little more exercise or simple realize you missed your target today. Don't let it dissuade your from continued progress. Tomorrow in another day.

p.s. I was 117 over yesterday, oops!
This discussion has been closed.