Calorie Limit Question

khinojos1
khinojos1 Posts: 6
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I am fairly new to this site and was just wondering if my calorie limit will always be what it is set to now or if it will go down as I loose weight?

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    It goes down as you lose weight - about ten calories every pound or two.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    If you are going with MFP's recommended calorie goals and nutrient breakdowns (not customizing them) AND you log your weight, MFP will ask you if you want to recalculate your goals every time you lose 10lbs. And yes, that does drop your calorie goal.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Yes MFP will adjust when you weigh in and enter your new weight.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    In theory, yes. It will.

For me, I have to stick right around 2000 calories - no matter how much weight I lose. When I start dropping it lower, I stop losing weight. I know for most people they HAVE to lower their calories as they lose the weight -- my body doesn't want me to do that. It gets grumpy. lol.

I do, however, run on the treadmill 3-4 days a week and I do strength training. So, that may be why I need to keep it higher.
  • kymmylee
    kymmylee Posts: 2
    Hi i am new here and in need of some advice. Do i Need to hit my goal calorie that mfp has set fot me or is it goos to be under. I have never had any luck with dieting in the past and so far i am very encouraged n part thanks to this site as well. Any advice you can give me would be so greatly appreciated. I am about 5'9 -5'10. I weigh 240 and am excited for results.Thank you for your time. Kymmlee
This discussion has been closed.