Help!! I need to lose atleast 5 pounds this week!!

Options
My friend is coming to visit for her birthday this weekend! And I need to lose a few pounds by then! Any quick suggestions about quick 5pound lost??? :noway:

Replies

• getsexymarylou
    getsexymarylou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My friend is coming to visit for her birthday this weekend! And I need to lose a few pounds by then! Any quick suggestions about quick 5pound lost??? :noway:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Weightloss doesn't go quickly if you are doin it the correct way. Slow and steady wins the race!
    Good Luck!
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone here is going to give you the info you want because to do it that quickly would be very unhealthy.
  • abjones80
    Options
    While chances are you will gain the weight back, you can shed the five pounds in a week.

The average female loses between 7-8 lbs of water weight, when first beginning a diet plan.... So what i can tell you is how to shed those five pounds of water weight, but know that once you resume a more consistent, long term successful diet plan that weight will probably show back up on the scale, but if you just want to give the illusion of being 5 lbs slimmer this is what you need to do this week.

Drop your calorie intake to 1200-1500 per day
    One hour Cardio session every day, (drink 16oz H20 and a small meal IMMEDIATELY after )
    Drink water - 8oz every hour
    Eliminate ALL sodium
    No sodas, or sports drinks
    No sweets, pastries

AGAIN, this will shed 5 lbs in a week, but it will only be a drastic flushing of water normally retained in the body. It is essential to consume water, to avoid dehydration. And very important to know that this is a temporary weight loss. I strongly encourage to think about WHY 5lbs in a week is so important...you're best friend shouldn't care....! Lastly, no matter what you decide, return to healthy diet and exercise plan that is designed to lose no more that 2-3 lbs a week.

78781.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    While I agree with what abjones says about HOW to lose 5 lbs. I don't see the point in doing so.
    1st, eliminating all sodium from your diet is not a good idea. Sodium helps regulate the amount of water in the blood, and also is important for proper nerve function. Without sodium you will become lethargic and can become light headed. Prolonged periods of no sodium can have SEVERE consequences on the brain and can lead to psychotic break downs and collapse.
    2nd, the weight you lose this fast will be water weight, water weight doesn't make you look thinner, it doesn't make you feel thinner, and isn't particularly important to your overall health (besides having too little, or too much). I'll keep my nose out of WHY you want to impress this person so much. But I would strongly advise not thinking this way about your fitness level and body image. IMHO this should be about you, your self image, and your health, that's what's important, not what one of your friends thinks.

We just want people healthy, and losing 5 lbs in a week (for most people) isn't in that category. I'm sorry if this sounds critical of you, I don't mean it like that, I just have genuine concern.

best of luck.

-Banks