I feel like I eat all day long!

Options
Since I started my diet and excersize program I have changed my eating habbits dramatically! I have not touched soda, chips, cookies or candy in 3 weeks..and for me that's HUGE! I've lost 13 pounds so far and I feel great. I've been eating tons of fruits and veggies and just all around healthy food. My problem is that it says I need to be eating 1700 calories and there is no way I could eat that much. I am eating every two hours just to get my 1200 in.

Replies

• leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    eat some more calorie dense foods and you'll make it no problem. you're filling up on foods that are volume heavy but not calorically dense if you're eating vegetables all day.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Are you eating any healthy fats? Avocados? Nuts? Natural nut butters? Salmon? Olive oil?
  • sneakysanchez711
    Options
    everyone is different, That's just a guestimate of how much you should be eating. so keep it up. I'm usually 300 cal lower than what the BMR scale says but it's no biggie
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    protein smoothies are a great way to get extra cals in from a healthy source, I can easily make 1 that has 500 cals in it using skim milk, protein powder, frozen fruit.
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    rice, nuts, prunes, raisins, corn, etc are all super high in calories for a small amount of food....try to find the highest calorie content for small volumes of food. good luck!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I actually find that eating every two hours is better for me, anyway. Instead of 3 meals a day, I'm eating 5 or 6.

Foods that are high in fats are going to have the caloric "bang for your buck" but try to eat good (monounsaturated) fats as opposed to bad fats. Nuts, especially almonds, are a great way to get some good calories. 1/4 cup is about 150 calories. There are some great flavored almonds out there, both sweet and savory, so you won't get bored with them.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem at first, with having trouble even touching my 1800 a day, but instead of eating tons and tons all day long and stuffing yourself, you just got to eat higher calorie foods until you get the hang of it. Incorporate nuts in as part of a snack, or put nuts in your dinner salad, etc. Nuts are generally 160-200calories a 1/4cup. Peanut Butter on celery or a peanut butter sandwich is another way since PB is 190-200cal for 2tbls..
    You just want to incorporate higher calorie healthy foods.

Nuts, whole wheat noodles, avacodos, beans, etc. A new meal that i just discovered that is high cal (but healthy) was black beans and white rice. Normally I hate beans, but this was very good. Black beans are 200cal for a cup, and rice is also about 200cal a cup (so 400calories, then add in a veggie/fruit); beans r very good for you--protein, potassium, fiber, etc. Also orange juice or milk will help you, higher calorie cereal (kashi go lean crunch is 190cal a cup, then add in your milk and its over 250cal), yogurt with a 1/4cup of that cereal mixed in is like mixing in granola--increasing calories...

I eat every 2hours as well, breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/snack, but im not forcing myself to eat anything. Eating every 2 hrs will also help your metabolism. Now that ive lost some weight, I have to eat 1670calories a day.