30 Day Shred question

Options
Hi there,

I have been searching for YouTube clips to try and find out if the 30 day shred is for muscle conditioning only?

If so, then I can continue to do my cardio at the gym and use the video for my 'weight' workouts only....

Replies

• AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    It's a mix of strength, cardio and then some ab work.
    The first few days, I just stuck to the shred video (because I was too sore to do anything else)...but now I am half way through it & I have been doing my regular bouts of cardio (about 5 days a week) along with the 30 Day Shred.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    There are 2 dvd's...The 30 Day Shred and The 30 Day Shred with Weights (she uses a kettlebell in this although you can use a hand weight). If I remember correctly the advanced examples in the 30 Day Shred include weights at times. Overall, both include cardio intervals so you do get your heart rate up. I own and enjoy both especially on a day when I want something quick but effective...and the price is very reasonable. Maybe you could rent a copy from your local library to see if it is what you're looking for.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    30DS and also, JM's newest Ripped in 30 are built by her 3-2-1 system

3 minutes strength
    2 minutes cardio
    1 minute abs
    and repeat until you are begging for it to be over. LOL

I also added my own hour of cardio to this. Have had amazing results so far. I've seen a total body tone up. I am currently on Round 2 of Ripped in 30. I did 3 Rounds of 30DS first. I also know of others that have done nothing but the 30DS and have had great results. You get what you put into it...for sure.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    ALSO! If your looking to work with weights, I bought JM's dumb bell set and it comes with another DVD where she shows you how to use the weights and there are so many great moves to do. You could easily use that if you are looking to just use weights. G'Luck!
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!