Does anyone have trouble wrapping their mind around eating m

Options
I get it I really do, you need to eat to give your body fuel to burn the fat and build muscle. My head knows this but I still have a hard time getting myself to eat the calories. I am a little nervous that I am getting too obsessed. I know I don't want to lose weight fast because in the long run I won't be successful. I feel like I am eating pretty well, trying to eat less processed food and I am drinking a lot of water. My calories are still down though and I am hitting my limit/going over on everything else! I have a type A personality and I know that I am getting borderline obsessive about it. I freak out that everything that I am eating my body is storing as fat and not burning it off. So I keep thinking if I just eat less then I will be fine. I will make my diary available to everyone. Please help! Sorry if I sound crazy!

Replies

• donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Due to the lack of accuracy in my calorie intake (a little off here and there adds up quick!) and lack of accuracy in calories burned (maybe minutes 5-9 were a total of 50 calories lacking in burn) I personally make sure I come up short and wait for my body to tell me that it's lacking. And it DOES. In a couple of days I may be more irritable/irrational/tired/sad/staring at the baking cocoa or peanut butter a bit too much...and that's when I up my cals. Because I'm aware of it I'm prepared for it. I get more of the *right* calories in instead of diving for crackers/chips/dips/cookies/easy stuff to just grab that's total crap.

But that's just me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love eating too much to not eat. :laugh:

Plus, I've done the whole "just eat less" thing and it didn't work for me. I lose faster when I eat more.
  • Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Some days I have to force myself to eat because all I can think about are the calories. Lately I have gotten off track, but when I'm following MFP like I should be I HATE seeing my calories over 800! And it's completely psychological and I have to learn that it's ok. I do know that eating more throughout the day helps. My brother has lost a TREMENDOUS amount of weight by eating every 2 hours! He has small snacks and decent size meals. He keeps zip lock baggies of nuts, carrots, cut up bit size chicken, etc etc for his snacks and plans out and cooks his meals days in advance... one day I hope I can learn to follow in his footsteps and be as successful as him, but for right now, I get that terrified feeling when putting food in my mouth. I've also realized that because of this I binge MORE actually, and it's usually on terrible food :/ Anyhow, good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • VickyisaStar
    Options
    I completely understand as well being a TYPE A personality myself! Everything has to be the best, the fastest most optimum result in the shortest amount of time possible! Sound familiar :happy: ? The thing that helped me was the following 2 quotes that i repeat to myself constantly:
    1. I slowed down to enjoy the journey
    2. (and this had the MOST IMPACT): Take the view that this is a marathon and not a sprint. This "change' is for life. Not till i lose the weight and go back to who i was previously so i'm not going to "cycle" again through eating again. This change is who I AM going forward. It's not a race to get there the fastest. Take the long term view. That'swhy sometimes when you "fall off" the bandwagon, you're able to not beat yourself up cause you realise you have the REST OF YOUR LIFE to make up for it! Enjoy this challenging experience Ms. Type A. It's the next phase of personal growth!