sugar help!

Options
Is it bad if I constantly go over on recommended sugar each day? I eat a lot of fruit, but I'm already over 10 and I haven't even eaten dinner yet, but I still have a ton of room to go for all the other things (calories, fat, protein, sodium, etc). Help please!

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Is sugar a worry for you? Diabetic?
  • AndrewTheWise
    Options
    Working out drains your blood sugar, so if you are worried... My concern is that you might be hypoglycemic. I wouldn't think so, but it is a possibility. Remember that sugar rots your teeth enamel. I wouldn't worry about being over by 10. You should be fine. I suggest limiting the fruit to two pieces a day. I hope that helps.
  • almartinez2
    Options
    I'm always over on my sugar also. It's very difficult to stay under without fruit in your diet.
  • catiecather1ne
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm not diabetic or anything I just didn't know if it would affect weight loss or something. I do have a bad sweet tooth though!
  • dimwig
    dimwig Posts: 3
    Options
    If you are anything like me, you are addicted to sugar and have massive cravings around mid afternoon!!! I think that the reason that we should limit our sugar is because it is easy fuel and our body doesn't have to work so hard to burn it. And the reason that is a bad thing is it gives us a quick hit but before you know it,,, we need some more!! My suggestion to you is try to pick the time of day to have that hit of energy... But also pick the times when you need sustainable energy!!! I hope this helps. I still struggle with sugar and always will! Cheers
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well a cup pf skim milk is like 12g of sugar plus when you add cereal it is like half my sugar is gone