Husband keeps enterfearing while i work out?

Options
I try to work out while hes working but sometimes he has days off and its like he watches me while i work out and sometimes he'll stop me to tell me what im doing wrong. I've been sucking it up but its realy annoying now. How can i tell him nicely to back off??
Any other women have this problem?

Replies

• misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Tell him nicely to either join in and show you how its done....or go in the other room til you are finished :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Tell him to go away or you'll stop and do it when he's not there.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    leave him with your kids (if you have them) and go for a walk lol...that'll teach him!
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Get in front of the tv when he's watching sports and tell him it's just as annoying when he does it to you when you're trying to work out! lmao ;)
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    if it were me, I'd tell my guy to fvck off and pretend I'm not there...but I'm harsh like that.
  • heathera1980
    Options
    Yep, tell him to join you! :wink:
  • killer_cupcake
    killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Get in front of the tv when he's watching sports and tell him it's just as annoying when he does it to you when you're trying to work out! lmao ;)

hahaha thats exactly what i should do!! lol
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would have that problem but I nipped it in the bud. My husband likes to be my "personal trainer". He loves to dictate how, what and when I work out. I told him that my work out routine is a way that I relieve stress and it is all "me time". His involvement adds stress and it is meant to remove stress from my life. He wants me to be motivated and knows now that he has to stay away. He isn't allowed within visibility of me while I exercise and he isn't allowed to tell me what to do. My repayment for that, is that I tell him what my program is and keep him informed of how I am doing. Men like to take over sometimes, and show their "knowledge" by making unwanted suggestions. If I want a coach or personal trainer, I will hire one! lol
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Haha. And give him the play by play as if you're the reporter. Ask him questions about why someone did what they did. If it's baseball, you can ask him why the guy in shortstop didn't catch the ball or why he doesn't run as fast. Pointless questions like that will probably strike a nerve.
  • Robbie68
    Robbie68 Posts: 2
    Options
    OMG!! It is so annoying! Both my husband and son loom around when I want to work out. I have been using the Wii and love it. But hate being watched. If they watch I don't work as hard. I love misscrystaldawn's idea of stand in front of the TV during his sports!!! I'm gonna try it!!!
    Keep up the good work!!
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My husband will do that sometimes at the gym (sometimes it's okay, but other times it bugs me), so usually I just work out in a different area. If we were at home I would tell him to join me or leave the room.
  • Robbie68
    Robbie68 Posts: 2
    Options
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My girl put you up to this, didn't she?

I want to say you should listen to him, and praise him for his vast wealth of knowledge.... but that's just because I'm pretty sure she told you to post this.

Anyway, all kidding aside. Start out by telling him what you told us. And keep telling him that. Remind him that being bossed around takes the fun out of an already hard work out, and you need your concentration. You may have to say it loud, and repeatedly, but we men respond to that.

Or... you could snap your fingers and say in a stern voice,"I'm glad your here. I found something hidden under the mattress on your side... We need to talk. But not until after I'm done working out because I need to burn off some anger." Then while he's hiding in the garage you'll have all the peace and quite you need.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    just tell him , i gt the cat and my daughter walking in front of me when im working out, or chatting to me and i just shush em all and tell them they got 2 wait till i finish lol
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    i love my hubs and we get alomng but i would scream "BACK THE HELL OFF"
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would have that problem but I nipped it in the bud. My husband likes to be my "personal trainer". He loves to dictate how, what and when I work out. I told him that my work out routine is a way that I relieve stress and it is all "me time". His involvement adds stress and it is meant to remove stress from my life. He wants me to be motivated and knows now that he has to stay away. He isn't allowed within visibility of me while I exercise and he isn't allowed to tell me what to do. My repayment for that, is that I tell him what my program is and keep him informed of how I am doing. Men like to take over sometimes, and show their "knowledge" by making unwanted suggestions. If I want a coach or personal trainer, I will hire one! lol

As a member of the male species I would have to say that this is the most assertive response I read, to the point, not aggressive nor defensive. Leaves no room for doubt what is okay and not okay to do. Clear, just the way we guys like it.:)
  • Cathy_5011
    Options
    leave him with your kids (if you have them) and go for a walk lol...that'll teach him!

Ha Ha Ha.... That is a great suggestion
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options

As a member of the male species I would have to say that this is the most assertive response I read, to the point, not aggressive nor defensive. Leaves no room for doubt what is okay and not okay to do. Clear, just the way we guys like it.:)

Verry smart. My fiance really likes it when I tell him in a nonconfrontational way exactly what I want. Because he doesn't know, otherwise! He thinks he's being helpful. And then he gets his feelings hurt when I snap all over him because he was only trying to help. So I have to sit down, keep it brief, tell him what's working and what isn't and what I would like him to do instead. I tell him how he can make me happy and it works like a charm; he tries like hell to make me happy :) Good luck!
  • dagza
    dagza Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If your hubby is buff then listen to every word he says. If he is lardy then tell him "i dont think your ready for this jelly" and deny until he is begging ;-)
  • mandrigo99
    mandrigo99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    While I am on the treadmill my husband constantly asks me if I am done yet because he thinks the time I am on the treadmill takes away from me giving him attention. The way we work we don't get to see each other much so he gets a little jealous of my treadmill time. So I try my best to do it after he goes to work but if I am going in to work early I have to do it while he is home. On my off days I don't walk until he isn't home and the kiddos are in the bed.