Cruisers out there???

Options
Aubers
Aubers Posts: 39 Member
Hubby and I are going on our 3rd cruise in 16 days!!! Anyone else out there cruise often? We love love love carnival cruises and I cannot wait! Any recommendations on excursions or even things we can do on our own for any of these islands...

San Juan
Grand Turk
St Thomas
Half Moon Cay

What cruise line do you prefer? Which (in your opinion) has the best deals/offers??

Replies

• Steph1628
    Steph1628 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I love cruising!! Unfortunately I've never been to any of those islands but I hope you have a great time!

And I've only ever been on Royal Carribean. I've only been on a few but my parents are veterns (they just booked #18) and have tried Royal Carribean, Carnival & Norweigen. They prefer RCCL which is why I've never tried another line.
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    well if i had the money i would....let me try that again...if I had a job......
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just got back from my 9th cruise on Saturday... it was a blast as always, and we got a great deal. We're at the point where we pretty much wouldn't consider any other kind of vacation- can't get a deal anywhere else like you can get on a cruise! :glasses:

Been on Royal Caribbean 3 times, and Celebrity 5 times... and just got back from 1 on Norwegian. Prefer Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

Have fun! :drinker:
  • barbarian81
    Options
    Just got back from San Juan last week. Great restaurants in Old San Juan. Marmalade was wonderful. The fort was worth seeing. Had the best Pina Coloda and also lemonade that I have ever had. We also did the barcardi tour which was interesting. Enjoy.
  • Aubers
    Options
    Just got back from San Juan last week. Great restaurants in Old San Juan. Marmalade was wonderful. The fort was worth seeing. Had the best Pina Coloda and also lemonade that I have ever had. We also did the barcardi tour which was interesting. Enjoy.

We are considering the Bacardi tour! Do you recommend it??
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Have you been to St. Thomas before?

If not, I recommend taking a tour and going to "the top of the world" where they have banana daiquiri's that they're famous for... the view is breathtaking. Let me know if you want more info. :flowerforyou:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife and I did a 12 day cruise for our honeymoon / 1 year wedding anniversary. We had fun, but won't be doing it again any time soon as we are both college students. Yay for getting a real job soon!
  • Aubers
    Options

If not, I recommend taking a tour and going to "the top of the world" where they have banana daiquiri's that they're famous for... the view is breathtaking. Let me know if you want more info. :flowerforyou:

No we have not been to any of these islands :) All new to us, so all the info you can give would be greatly appreciated :)
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    We're going on our first cruise in June with Carnival. We're sailing to the Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico. We'll be aboard for 5 days! I'm so excited as this is our FIRST ever cruise!! Hope you have a blast!
  • iRun4wine
    Options

No we have not been to any of these islands :) All new to us, so all the info you can give would be greatly appreciated :)

Once you get off the ship there will be a bunch of locals around kind of hounding you to take a taxi. Many of their "taxis" are pickup trucks with benches in the back (in the bed of the truck). Ask one of them if you can take a tour of the island and mention that you'd like to go to Mountain Top on the tour. The last time we were there, the guy took us all over the island, and it was just us- so we had a private tour that lasted a couple of hours. I don't remember the price, but it was very reasonable. Everywhere we stopped, he took pictures of us on my camera, and he was great. Although, I will warn you, the whole thing may seem a little sketchy at first :laugh: If you want more info, let me know... I'd be happy to help :flowerforyou:

This is the building at "Mountain Top":
    IMG_1502.JPG

This is the view... beautiful:
    IMG_1504.JPG

edited to add: I called it "the top of the world" in my previous post. I *think* they call it that (although I could be remembering wrong- it was 2 years ago the last time we were there), but I know it's officially called "Mountain Top"