south beach

Options
So I am doing the South Beach diet again! And I have only done it since last Thursday, but I have lost 2 lbs since. So I am slightly motivated. Now to get my butt in gear and actually exercise. But my question is what to actually eat! I am still in the 1st 2 week stage, so no sugars, or carbs. If anyone else has done this diet before, let me know what was good to eat!

Replies

• iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    So I am doing the South Beach diet again! And I have only done it since last Thursday, but I have lost 2 lbs since. So I am slightly motivated. Now to get my butt in gear and actually exercise. But my question is what to actually eat! I am still in the 1st 2 week stage, so no sugars, or carbs. If anyone else has done this diet before, let me know what was good to eat!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    there is a book u can get that goes all into what u can have with each stage..called the south beach diet or something. My sister had it...it even has recipes and all! Im sure you can find stuff online as well..Look online to find a local store that carries south beach products and on the packaging they will have a south beach stamp with like stage 1, stage 2 or all stages on it. I know there is some feta cheese that athenos makes that is south beach, and also some prepared meals in a box- usually near like the lunchables and deli meats - those are also south beach products. (just be careful- those meal things are loaded in sodium!!!)
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    I don't like to eat those pre-made meals, they all taste like cardboard. I went to the store and bought a whole bunch of green veggies and some salmon. I'll make my own little meals and stick them in the freezer and then take them to work or nuke them for supper.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm still not convinced on this diet. the underlying philosophy is ok IMHO, cutting out bad carbs and fats, but the way it's started out seems like an extreme way to do things. Plus the extreme change is going to cause you to lose water fast at the start, causing you to lose what feels like a lot of weight at the start but ends up being a lot of water.

Dunno, I hope it works out for you il, keep us abreast of the results.

here is a few articles on it for people who want more info.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/NU00616

http://www.webmd.com/diet/south-beach-diet-what-it-is
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    sorry double posted :blushing:
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    Why is this Even Called a diet? I agree the first Phase is a little restrictive but only for two weeks. The second Phase ..You start adding some of the restricted food back into your diet.

When you lose the weight you want...then you start Phase III . This is how you eat for the rest of your life. It really is NOT all that hard. With a little discilpine..you can accomplish your goals. I know I FEEL so much better eating this way. South Beach is just a Healthier way of Eating. I don't consider it a diet at all. When you hear the word diet..dosen't it make you want to run away? I give South Beach a thumbs up.
    On Jan 2006 I went on the South Beach Diet and in the first two weeks I lost 10 pounds. In 6 months I went from 155 to 126 and maintained my weight until September 2007. I quit smoking an have gained 25 pounds back.

Here is te latest news on the SBD......

The South Beach Diet has just gotten a make-over. The new and improved South Beach Diet is encapsulated in the book The South Beach Diet Supercharged: Faster Weight Loss and Better Health for Life. South Beach Diet mastermind and leading cardiologist, Dr. Agatston is now helping Americans make smarter changes in the way they eat and exercise so that they will lead healthier, fit and longer lives. In addition to his trademark eating plan, he and exercise physiologist, Dr. Signorile to create a three-phased workout regimen that mirrors Phase 1, 2 and 3 of the South Beach Diet. New meal plans, expanded recipes, the latest on nutrition research and inspiring South Beach Diet success stories are also part of this Supercharged plan. There is also a question and answer section with Dr. Agatston where he answers some of the most frequently asked questions as they pertain to diet and The South Beach Diet.

So it Back to the Beach...South Beach that is....WORKS for me! Go ahead and try it...I dare ya! :bigsmile: