Does anyone else get grossed out by...

Options

Replies

• perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My husband used to hunt also. And he thinks cottage cheese is gross too.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I lick it.........j/k
  • AndrewTheWise
    Options
    This is why I hunt my own food. I keep my deer meat during the off-season, and I kil rabbits with a pellet gun all the time. I clean them and eat them myself. When I eat deer steak, I eat it medium rare. Not a lot of things in this world gross me out. Except cottage cheese. It is ROTTED MILK!!!

You can kill, skin and gut animals, but get grossed out by cottage cheese? That's hilarious!

Yeah, butchering animals is much more natural since we have been doing it for literally hundreds of thousands of years. Since the very first humans. Humans have only been adapting to milk and milk products for about 5-6k years. It makes since if you think of the bigger picture. Maybe I was just born in the wrong time. I think I would have fit in more 20k years ago.

On a side note, it is not a joy to cut up animals, but my body is much more important.
  • microfat
    microfat Posts: 44
    Options
    Yes!! its gross.. its like the meat is having its periods.
  • microfat
    microfat Posts: 44
    Options
    This is why I hunt my own food. I keep my deer meat during the off-season, and I kil rabbits with a pellet gun all the time. I clean them and eat them myself. When I eat deer steak, I eat it medium rare. Not a lot of things in this world gross me out. Except cottage cheese. It is ROTTED MILK!!!

WOW deers and rabbits??? :noway: so no cow or chicken for you??.. i've never heard of such a person lol..
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of things in this world gross me out. Except cottage cheese. It is ROTTED MILK!!!

I also HATE cottage cheese with a passion! Gives me the shivers just thinking about it!

Re the meat maxi pad why dont you just tip it into the bin rather than touching it and then rinse out the container? Problem solved no?
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

BWAHAHAHAHA everyone makes fun of me because i wont even touch cottage cheese. I cant stand knowing what it is.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

BWAHAHAHAHA everyone makes fun of me because i wont even touch cottage cheese. I cant stand knowing what it is.

I'm the same exact way! One of the very few things I absolutely refuse to touch, or even try! ~Gross!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

WOW deers and rabbits??? :noway: so no cow or chicken for you??.. i've never heard of such a person lol..

I am another such person. We eat mostly natural. I buy fish regularly and chicken occasionally. It is also more humane with a hunting experience and the meat is so much leaner and better for you. There are so many additives to store bought meat now, it's scary.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian so between the discussion of meat and sanitary napkins under meat, I completely just :sick: at my desk!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This is why I am glad I'm vegan!
    Lol
    if cows weren't meant to be eaten, they wouldn't be covered in steak. drool.gif

joke.gif Actually I fully respect your choosing to be a vegan...it is just fun to needle you all every once and a while.
  • xshotgunshowdownx
    Options
    cottage cheese is the best thing in the WORLD! i used to eat it on EVERYTHING! pizza, pancakes, mix it with mashed potatoes and pickles! love love love it! until i found out how high it was in sodium so i stopped eating it. but now i want some right NOW! thanks. lol.

im sorry but cottage cheese is one of the grimmest things ive ever seen. its disgusting i dont know how ppl can eat it.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    On a related topic, I cannot cook ground meat without seasoning, because I hate the smell of it, and I hear the song Meat is Murder playing in my head. I really should be a vegetarian, but animals are just so delicious...

Oh my goodness, I am the same way about chicken!! I have to hurry up and add my seasonings because the smell of just the chicken cooking makes me wanna puke!. :sick:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    On a related topic, I cannot cook ground meat without seasoning, because I hate the smell of it, and I hear the song Meat is Murder playing in my head. I really should be a vegetarian, but animals are just so delicious...

OMG! I agree 110%. The smell of meat cooking make my stomach churn ... .yet the finished product is SO very yummy.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I usually roll it up and smoke it.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian so between the discussion of meat and sanitary napkins under meat, I completely just :sick: at my desk!

My 8 year old informed me the other day that he could be a vegetarian if he didn't have to give up his seafood. The kid loves it all from sushi - lobster - octopus - calamari .... At 8 he has very elite culinary taste! I told him about Pescatarian and he said he "would look into the possibility of converting".
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    bwahaha.gif RD.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :laugh:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

You can kill, skin and gut animals, but get grossed out by cottage cheese? That's hilarious!

Haha, that's what I was thinking!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    things like this make me glad I live in a state with meat counters where they package my meat in paper like a butcher shop would

Yes that is gross!!!!!

I buy all my meat at the butcher shop and everything is packaged in front of me and in paper as well, sooo much better!!!