I need help losing 20 lbs!!!

Options
Hello everyone,
I am 28 yrs old, and have been exercising / lifting weights for 10 years. 2 years ago, my wife and I had our first child. My workouts suffered. Now, we are expecting our 2nd in January, and I am extremely frustrated with my current weight (205 lbs). I was 185 lbs for 8 years, very fit, trim, and healthy. I ate only organic food, no sweets, no candy, no starchy white foods. Then, once the baby arrived, I abandoned those healthy eating habits, and didn't have the time to work out as much. I am hoping that this site will inspire me to get back in the swing of things, and get my weight under control. Some people may say that 20 lbs isn't that much, but I should mention that I am still the smallest person in my family by 30-40lbs. I don't want to let myself get to that point, so I need to get a handle on things now...... Any support is appreciated!!!!

Replies

• michaeljones725
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am 28 yrs old, and have been exercising / lifting weights for 10 years. 2 years ago, my wife and I had our first child. My workouts suffered. Now, we are expecting our 2nd in January, and I am extremely frustrated with my current weight (205 lbs). I was 185 lbs for 8 years, very fit, trim, and healthy. I ate only organic food, no sweets, no candy, no starchy white foods. Then, once the baby arrived, I abandoned those healthy eating habits, and didn't have the time to work out as much. I am hoping that this site will inspire me to get back in the swing of things, and get my weight under control. Some people may say that 20 lbs isn't that much, but I should mention that I am still the smallest person in my family by 30-40lbs. I don't want to let myself get to that point, so I need to get a handle on things now...... Any support is appreciated!!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    tiresmoke2

Welcome, and congrats on your growing family. You can do it. Slowly get back in the swing of things. Do you have a jogger for you 2 years old. If the weather is good in your area, take him out for a jog. There are some exercises you can do using him for youe weights. I will look for the site. You can lay on your back and put your 2 year old on your legs and lift. Get creative, and make play a part of your exercise program.
    tiresmoke-are you into racing??
  • michaeljones725
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. We do have a jogger stroller, which we use often. I live in Cleveland, and the weather is getting rough for outside walking. I just bought a nice treadmill, and have been using that in the evenings.

My screen name was from my college days. I had a 5.0 Ford Mustang that raced a little - I am a family man now, so I have to wait till the girls are grown up until I get back into it :)
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    I hit 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months. Hard work, hit the gym if possible, makes eating easier.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I hit 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months. Hard work, hit the gym if possible, makes eating easier.
    Xtracrispy, what is your eating plan like? I am in a slump...
  • icandoit
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. We do have a jogger stroller, which we use often. I live in Cleveland, and the weather is getting rough for outside walking. I just bought a nice treadmill, and have been using that in the evenings.

My screen name was from my college days. I had a 5.0 Ford Mustang that raced a little - I am a family man now, so I have to wait till the girls are grown up until I get back into it :)

Picture is too cute. If that's not motivation, than I don't know what is.
    Good luck to you. You can do it.
    We are a car family over here. My son has a 50 Chevy truck (he is 12) , and my husband brought home a 1918 dodge speedster today. We also have a Harley, a retro scooter for sale. and a 1971 Honda motorcycle. We call it a Honda Davidson.
    Take care
  • icandoit
    Options

How did you do it????
  • michaeljones725
    Options
    Thanks! I used to be on a very strict work out routine. But now I have to try to squeeze a routine into 45-60 minutes, and that includes cardio. I have found that going to the gym early in the morning helps with my hunger throughout the rest of the day. And it doesnt break into my time with the baby. Its all a juggling act!!!