Gym twice a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyTig
    LadyTig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually sleep better when I go at night. Weird but I do...and I have problems sleeping usually. Ever since I have been going to the gym I sleep a lot better now!!!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've started adding a second "session" in the evening. It started because I was too tired after my regular work out to get in all of my rehab exercises (recovering from an injury). I was SO tired. I don't think I was eating enough volume to maintain that level of exercise, even though my evening sessions were pretty light. So, I've been experimenting with fueling after my morning workout and before my second. Also, I just took one whole day off to rest as I was actually starting to feel run-down.

It will take your body a while to adjust, is what I'm saying, basically, but no reason not to if your fitness level permits! I also make sure I don't lift weights on consecutive days and alternate hard and easy workouts/days. Get lots of sleep and drink lots of water.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I actually sleep better when I go at night. Weird but I do...and I have problems sleeping usually. Ever since I have been going to the gym I sleep a lot better now!!!

Ha! I'm the same way, if I at least go for a nice long walk I sleep soooo much better than if I don't do anything. How funny is that?
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I often walk 5 in the morning and hit the gym to swim for an hour in the afternoon. Only side effect is being very, very hungry all day...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fine if you don't have anything else to do.