What to do....?

Options
My wife, kids, and me are all going to walk all over our Nations Capitol tomorrow. Washington DC on The Mall. Our goal is to hit as many stops as we can: National Art Gallery, Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian, Museum of American History, etc. Tonight we hit a lot of the monuments and memorials: Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, and the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial Park all walking over the course of 2 & 1/2 hours.

So... Do I do my workout tomorrow or skip due to the sheer volume of walking we will be doing all day tomorrow? I don't want to skip, but I don't want to cut the day short on my kids if my wife or I get too tired... Thoughts??

Replies

• srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    If you are doing that much walking it probably won't hurt to skip your workout (actually, you are working out, you're just walking rather than whatever you normally do), especially if you are still careful with what you eat. But, you may find that a short higher-intensity workout actually revs you up. Or maybe do some weights, and let the walking be your cardio?
  • maryritt529
    Options
    My wife, kids, and me are all going to walk all over our Nations Capitol tomorrow. Washington DC on The Mall. Our goal is to hit as many stops as we can: National Art Gallery, Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian, Museum of American History, etc. Tonight we hit a lot of the monuments and memorials: Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, and the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial Park all walking over the course of 2 & 1/2 hours.

So... Do I do my workout tomorrow or skip due to the sheer volume of walking we will be doing all day tomorrow? I don't want to skip, but I don't want to cut the day short on my kids if my wife or I get too tired... Thoughts??
  • maryritt529
    Options
    You need to make that decision. I think being on your vacation for a week with your family is NOT going to wreak havoc on your program. I know it won't with you because by you just agonizing over it wondering if it will effect it is telling me you are very dedicated to the program. Eat the best you can...walk as much as you can sight-seeing and HAVE FUN! Don't go overboard.This is a marathon not a sprint . Get right back to it when you get back from vacation!! You will be fine!
    Mary :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My husband had lost 60 lbs. He looks great. He is extremely motivated and cannot take a day off from exercise. As "the other woman" I can tell you that as supportive as I am of his success (and I am very proud), there were times when I felt he could have chosen to skip a day and make the quality of our day together a little better. It's not as though you will be sitting around all day. Whatever you decide have nice day with the family. Make good memories!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the perspectives MFPeeps! Appreciate it. I think I am going to walk today and just monitor my intake the best I can. I've been too low on intake the last couple of days so it shouldn't be an issue this week.