IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP...

Options
OKAY SO THIS IS MY FIRST DAY... AND IM HAVING A HARD TIME CHOOSING WHAT I WANT TO EAT... CAN SOME GIVE ME LIKE SOME DAILY FOOD PLANS... THIS IS WHAT I HAD TODAY ALREADY..

OATMEAL
AN ORANGE...
WATER
FOR BREAKFAST

AND THEN FOR LUNCH ALL I HAD WAS A FUZE GREEN TEA...

ANY SUGGESTIONS...
IS AN EGG SANDWICH WITH WHEAT A GOOD CHOICE...
OR EVEN A PB J ON WHEAT?

Replies

• hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    OKAY SO THIS IS MY FIRST DAY... AND IM HAVING A HARD TIME CHOOSING WHAT I WANT TO EAT... CAN SOME GIVE ME LIKE SOME DAILY FOOD PLANS... THIS IS WHAT I HAD TODAY ALREADY..

OATMEAL
    AN ORANGE...
    WATER
    FOR BREAKFAST

AND THEN FOR LUNCH ALL I HAD WAS A FUZE GREEN TEA...

ANY SUGGESTIONS...
    IS AN EGG SANDWICH WITH WHEAT A GOOD CHOICE...
    OR EVEN A PB J ON WHEAT?
  • klikittyklak
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want (well, sort of) as long as you stay within your calories. Don't make any foods 'off limits' and you will be more successful! Please eat more for today, you may be doing your body more harm than good.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome.
    Well everyone has their own ideas on what works for them with what they eat. I find that most every morning I have quaker oats oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast. Most of my lunches are salads with fat free cheddar cheese and Raspberry Bliss WishBone Spritzer salad dressing. And that leaves me with plenty of "numbers" left for a good dinner with meat. And I ALWAYS try to have extra numbers so that I can have double churned no sugar added Bryers ice-cream for an evening snack!
    I also have a Fiber One bar for an afternoon snack, since salad doesn't keep me full for more than a few hours. Air popped pop corn is always a good filler upper too! As well as LOTS AND LOTS of water!
    I'm sure others will have lots of other ideas for you too. Good luck!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    The oatmeal and fruit are good. If you haven't tried the Fiber One cereals yet, they are great tasting and keep you full for hours. It would help if you had a little something for snack between meals such as veggies with dip or hummus, cheese and multi-grain crackers, or a piece of fruit with a tablespoon of nuts. Multi-grain sandwiches with lean deli meats and reduced fat cheeses are a great option. I eat that with a cup of yogurt. Frozen grapes make a great snack on hot summer days. 3-4 ounces of a lean meat grilled or baked with a side of veggies and salad or I'll eat Ore-Ida steak fries (just 7) as a side. You haven't eaten enough today, and if you keep it up, your body will hoard and store the extra weight. Losing weight will become a losing battle, so be sure to eat your calories! And good luck!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit and veggies are always good choices!

Here's what I had today - -

Breakfast
    Smoothie made with fresh strawberries, 1/2 banana, vanilla yogurt, skim milk and a cup of coffee

Lunch
    Homemade tuna salad on Wonder light wheat bread, 1/2 an orange, garden harvest vegetable chips

Dinner
    1 cup raw broccoli, 1/2 cup raw cauliflower, 1/2 cup raw green pepper, 2 tbsp light ranch dressing, 9 Pizza Rolls! oh - and a Nutty Bar 100 Calorie bar

I'm pretty happy with my food - I feel satisfied, ate about 1200 calories, and might even have another 100 calorie snack later tonight! Good luck!
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thank u guys...
    i ate a weight watchers yogurt which was soooo good...

and an egg sandwich with one egg and 2 wheat breads...

but i got an extra 400 calories from running today...

so do i have to use them or no?
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    some people say eat all of them, I would eat 300 of them
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    hey welcome!! my word of advice make sure you eat every 2-3 hours even if its just a piece of friut or cheese.

heres a typical day for me

breakfast 4 cups of coffee with sugar free creamer, fiber yogurt and some type of friut or cereal (if i have time)

11am snack fiber bar or friut or cheese stick

12:30 lunch lean cuisine and green tea

2:30-3pm fiber one bar or trail mix or friut

6pm dinner usually like 500 calories if light exercise or bigger calories if i exercise

8-9pm snack 200 calories

lots of water and green tea

hope this help--fiber is very important also