I'm losing the will to carry on.....help!

Options
Good morning all
The last few days i've have the can't be ar*ed attitude, i've not logged any food (i've not eaten badly in fact i've probably had the best few eating days ever).
Don't know why? maybe as is coming to the end of the Easter holidays and i'm knackered with the kids or maybe i'm just destined to be overweight. I looked in the mirror this morning and hated what was looking back at me.
I'm not going to give up but i can't seem to get any motivation to do anything at the moment.

*Terri waits patiently for someone to kick her up the bum*

Replies

• rooboi85
    rooboi85 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    GET BACK OUT THERE GIRL AND GO FOR A WALK OR IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT A RUN - YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER FOR IT ONCE YOU JUST DO IT - regain some focus - your body is programmed to take the easy route - fight it!!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Look at those beautiful children... if they aren't motivation I don't know what is! I had a friend who's father dropped dead of a heart attack at 45 years old because he was over weight, she was 7. You want to be around for your children, and your grandchildren, and your great-grandchildren! The only time is now!!

So here is your kick in the bum! Start logging, jump back on the band wagon because we miss you! It's not always easy, but boy it will be worth it! :D
  • gertrude13
    Options
    maybe you need a "new" thing to keep u excited? like a new exercise routine or a new low cal food :) or this, buy a hot dress that is one size smaller hahaha have that as a new goal, hope this helped :)
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    *DO IT TERI!!!! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY 100% WORTH THIS!!! REACHING THIS GOAL IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR KIDS, YOUR LIFE, YOUR PASSIONS, AND ALL THE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO!!!*

I don't even know you, but I believe in you. Go out and do something very beautiful for yourself. You deserve happiness, and that includes being happy with the beautiful face smiling back at you in the mirror. Smiling.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This is normal. We all go through it. One thing that helps me is to adjust my expectations of just how hard I think this is supposed to be. Weight loss is not going to swoop down into your lap. You have to work at it. It will be hard. Not easy. It ain't free. You are not destined to be fat, unless you want to be. Get off your bum and do this thing. Make lots of friends with people who have achieved the goal you want. You can do it!
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Grab a friend if you can and do a class in your local area. Or if you prefer exercising at home pick up Jillian's 30 day shred and join some of the groups on MFP. They keep you motivated!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have doc martens on and they are about to connect with your *kitten*. It's ok to lose focus for a coupla days it is the getting back on the wagon that is the miracle of mfp, so come on babe, stop looking back, you can do this your *kitten* is kicked so get back on the wagon and look into the future where you there is a yummy mummy looking back at you from the mirror! Good luck!
  • JulesGC
    JulesGC Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow, you have lost 7lb already! That's 7 bags of sugar, 14 blocks of butter or a small sack of potatoes! That must have taken some focus and doing. The end of the Easter Hols with Kids are defo the most difficult! (except when it comes to the summer ones!) You only have a few more days and then you can get back the routine you started out with! DO NOT GIVE UP!

It does sound though that you have been able to keep on track with out entering the food diary so don't give yourself a hard time over that! Ignore the chocolate in the stores and give any extras away to a deserving cause!

Just remember another 3lbs is a dress size down! You can do it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself kicked - then dragged kicking and screaming out the door to run around in the park with your kids!
    Remember, it doesn't have to be all hard work, lots of exercising can be fun and if you cook healthy stuff for all the family you will all benefit.
    You can do it!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Ok my virtual butt getting sore lol

Thankyou all so much. Days like today i love this site and glad its here. xxxxxx
  • Apriljoynes
    Apriljoynes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't lose the will, think about what got you started in the first place and try to recreate the excitement look at some old photos before you started!
  • kimif1
    kimif1 Posts: 9
    Options
    I so feel the same way. It has taken me over a month to lose 10 lbs. It's so hard cause I'm eating right but it's taking for ever. I want to give up but I just keep thinking how happy I will be when I'm done. That is the only thing keeping me going. I'm doing the 17 day diet which is really easy you can order the book on like at walmart.com. I think I feel like you do cause my friend and sister are both doing it and have lost over 20 lbs and 2 and 2.5 pant sizes. Anyway think about the long run and not the present. Good luck! We can do it
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to go through the motions until you get the motivation.

There's also the theory that motivation is movement followed by emotion.
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    You can do it sweetheart!! You have done so well already. I left the site for over a month and had just thrown in the towel...at least you're turning to your support system online for motivation! Even that is a victory and a job well done!

You aren't destined to be overweight...I know I feel that way sometimes (everyone in my family is very obese and sometimes I feel like it's pointless to fight, but it's not!). You are destined to live a long, happy, and healthy life with your children!! And you are destined to stick to this journey because we all believe in you. :flowerforyou:
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    we all go through it dont give up!!!!! go for a nice long walk, take the kids to the park, treat yourself to something nice but not clothes as this might make things worse! well it does for me lol. i look in the mirror every day and think what happened? where did the slim girl go that i used to be confident about? running a home, having kids, family, general day to day stresses get us all down, believe me i've been there but together we can be strong and keep each other going! we are all behind you xx:heart:
  • loodoo87
    loodoo87 Posts: 33
    Options
    GET BACK OUT THERE GIRL AND GO FOR A WALK OR IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT A RUN - YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER FOR IT ONCE YOU JUST DO IT - regain some focus - your body is programmed to take the easy route - fight it!!

DONT GIVE UP!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..
    Now go for a walk or take the kids to the park and re focus.....NO Excuses
    I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking..I'm kicking......................and I quote
    *Terri waits patiently for someone to kick her up the bum* so I hope I'm doing the right thing for you!!
    Good luck...and if you want you could start again after the holidays...:tongue:
    PS Don't forget women (and maybe men but I'm no expert) go through cycles so be kind to yourself...no more kicking ok???
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Look at those beautiful children... if they aren't motivation I don't know what is! I had a friend who's father dropped dead of a heart attack at 45 years old because he was over weight, she was 7. You want to be around for your children, and your grandchildren, and your great-grandchildren! The only time is now!!

So here is your kick in the bum! Start logging, jump back on the band wagon because we miss you! It's not always easy, but boy it will be worth it! :D
    couldn't say it better!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It is Okay to take a few days off every once in a while, it's a lifetime battle for me so I know a few days off can not undo your work so far. Just be sure to keep on going. I went through a 3 week period of NO motivation. Keep up the good work you can do it!!!:smile:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Good morning all
    The last few days i've have the can't be ar*ed attitude, i've not logged any food (i've not eaten badly in fact i've probably had the best few eating days ever).
    Don't know why? maybe as is coming to the end of the Easter holidays and i'm knackered with the kids or maybe i'm just destined to be overweight. I looked in the mirror this morning and hated what was looking back at me.
    I'm not going to give up but i can't seem to get any motivation to do anything at the moment.

*Terri waits patiently for someone to kick her up the bum*

-=Kicks you in the Bum=-:laugh:

You have been doing A GREAT JOB!! Sometimes you just need a few days to snap out of it! You are not destined to be overweight! You are going to get through this hazy shade, jump back on the wagon, and be trim and even more beautiful than you already are!!

-=Hugs=- However, for now, just take days as they come and dont worry about tomorrow :flowerforyou: :drinker: Cheers!