strange feeling!!

bigmamma3
bigmamma3 Posts: 134
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all I've always been pretty unfit and useless at sport even at school i was the kid who always came in last in every race. i just never seemed to be able to run (think pheobe from friends crossed with a fat kid).

One thing i have no problem doing is walking I have been doing loads lately pushing my 3yr old and 6month old in my new tandem pushchair. So my question is why i have this strange longing to run? its like all i can think of. everytime i get a chance to run after the kids or to grab something from upstairs i run. its like every muscle in my body wants to run. has anyone else everfelt this? or am i going mad? also how can i fit running in when i have 3 children to look after?i live in a rough area nervous about starting.

please say I'm not the only one who feels this?

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Awesome. I run everywhere!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 328 Member
    I get it. I have been doing a minimum of 1 hour and a half walking a day for the last 6 weeks and for the last week or I have felt like running, having said that I need to buy some new joggers before I really start running.
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Well, I know this feeling very well, one time it actually came into that ridiculous thing (that happens from time to time again) that i actually dreamed of endless running and i loved it so much I became obsessed with that thought :). Anyway, its pretty possible its just a way of your body telling you its full of energy and you should go for it, or its a way of your dealing wth problems (running away from them, in this case quite literally), which was my case.. :) anyway, running is cool! :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Lol - I always said there was only one reason to run and that is if you are chased, but lately I have been dreaming of running........ I don't have that feeling yet when I am awake, but it has come up in my dreams quite a few times now....

But on the other hand I never really enjoyed walking either, but lately I do it by choice more and more - so never say never to running ;-)

Maybe you should give it a try - and if it is something you enjoy figure out how to add it to your days...
  • I do...I often wake early in the morning before my little boy wakes up and feel I could go for a run. Ashamed to say I do not always act upon it and also he's normally then awake after I've spent time thining about it! Next time I do I'll go for it. Run everywhere, feels great.
This discussion has been closed.