Odd breakfast food?

Options
I know its weird but I've started eating non breakfast things for breakfast. So this morning I had a turkey salad for breakfast. I'm oddly embarassed by this and I feel quite weird doing it. I wake up and I walk the dog and exercise and then I have something to eat. I am low carbing also - as I feel this works best for me. But in low carbing I am also wanting to eat low fat food so trying to eat lean meats and fish and lots of salad and vegetables. The thought of having that typical Atkins breakfast of bacons, sausages, eggs - just seems like I'm screaming out to have a heart attack or a Stroke. Low carbs works for me - but I don't subscribe to the idea that you can eat as much fat as you want. Breakfast food has always been a problem for me. So I've started eating salads for breakfast, this morning I had a turkey salad and eating typically non breakfast things that fill me up. I dunno does anyone else eat weird things for breakfast?

Also if anyone wants to friend request me, please do, I'm new and could with support.

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'll eat non-breakfast items first thing in the morning sometimes. It's not really that odd. It's like wondering if oatmeal and egg whites are odd to eat for a snack. It's still not. I think food is food anytime of the day. As a matter of fact, this morning I had salmon. If I had lettuce earlier today, I would have made a salad out of it.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    well why the heck not- I love to have pancakes for dinner (and one thing I miss most living in Belgium is lack of breakfast restaurants like we have in America)

heavens knows cold pizza and left over Chinese are staple breakfast foods for college students and young professionals/ city dwellers

and I used to eat steamed Salmon for breakfast back when I was low carbing - I lived in madagascar and had very few convenience food options but the frocery sotre did have salmon and veggies in steamer bags for the microwave- ate that every day for weeks until I could go into phase two and add in some more carbs-

whatever works for you is what works!
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had breakfast for lunch today, just coz I felt like it. Porriage, yum!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I dont find it odd at all, maybe unconventional to most, but I dont see anything wrong with it. I have been known to make a turkey sandwich for breakfast because it was what I wanted at the time.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am eating a salad right now!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers for breakfast all the time. Today I had a turkey sandwich. I usually have eggs when I get home from work. :laugh:
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite: I prefer breakfast foods for dinner. Potatoes and eggs? Hell yeah. At night. I am a mess!! For breakfast (and I force myself to eat it since I haven't eaten breakfast in years) I usually have a bunch of fruit/juices/granola bars until I make up about 400 calories. When I get hungry for the fattier foods is definitely at night... usually I can curb such things and have them several hours before it could be a bad sign... but I can't help it... Eggs and potatoes are a nighttime food to me... speaking of, I kinda want some right now...
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i eat breakfast for dinner sometimes, so i guess a person can eat non breakfast for breakfast lol
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers a lot for breakfast. Another favorite of mine is tuna salad for breakfast. I also enjoy eggs and toast for dinner, so my food knows no time boundaries.