Exercise Calories

Options
Should you add the calories that you earn from exercise to your daily food planner?

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    "They" say you should eat your calories back. If you don't you get too few calories and your body goes into starvation mode. I personally stay around 1200. I exercise right before bed so I don't feel like eating then. I won't eat them back before I use them up! I have been successful with the weight loss but definitely have a better week when I force mtself to stay around 1200
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Should you add the calories that you earn from exercise to your daily food planner?

Just type in "Exercise Calories" into the search and you'll see a ton...a TON...of posts on this very thing. I have actually tried it both ways and my body reacts well when I eat back at least 75% or more of my exercise calories. There are some who don't at all and do well. The thing is to really research it and figure out what is best for your body. Think of it like this: If your cal goal is 1200 and you burn 400 your body is only operating off of 800 cals (and keep in mind that MFP has already calculated a deficit for you to begin with). Thats certainly not good.

Just look it up and try it both ways. For some it works for a while (not eating them back) but then they stall, for some it doesn't work at all (that would be me) and the scale doesn't budge.