Snacking????

Options
Any good ideas for a healthy sweet snack.....I'm still hungry after I eat, WHY?????:sad: lol

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    single bag kettlecorn, just sweet enough with a little bit of salty so you won't want to eat something salty after your sweet snack
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? If you are eating a lot of carbs, these will make you hungry. Eat protein and (yes!) fat. Like nuts.
  • faithvarvel
    Options
    What about almonds they are really good for you, I also heard to freeze some grapes and eat them like that and they are healthy too.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I try to switch it up so I don't get bored and stuck in a routine. I buy trail mixes, raisins, apples, popcorn, etc. I think snacking is ok, just in moderation. I also measure things out and put them in little baggies. That way I know once I've reached my serving size, that's it. Good luck!!
  • michelle2808
    Options
    right now I like to have an apple early in the day, celery with a little bit of peanut butter, kellogs thin crisps (about 10) I bought butter flavored rice cakes this morning. I love almonds..... what about cold treats????
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    I try to go for fruit and greek yogurt for snacking. Greek yogurt with honey and sliced almonds, yum yum yum! When I start running out of ideas I do some research.

http://www.snack-girl.com/

Snack-Girl is pretty good, I recommend it!!!:happy:
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a teaspoon of natural peanut butter after lunch and supper and that stops me wanting anything else sweet.x
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hungry right after you eat a meal? Without seeing your diary I will guess that either you're not eating enough protein at that meal or you're not eating enough of anything. Could be that your brain needs some more time to get the message that you've had enough.

I often feel the need for something sweet after lunch (never after breakfast of supper - not sure why) so I make a cup of Maxwell House International Cafe French Vanilla (sugar and caffeine free) - Only 30 calories (1 1/3 Tbsp- of powder...it's easy to take too much!) and it's takes care of the sweet craving.
  • pbrown_404
    Options
    Natural applesauce is good and kind of sweet. As far as cold treats they have some ice cream products called Skinny Cow that are fairly low in calories, and I think Weight Watchers makes many similar items. Not saying I would eat those all the time, but if you just want to have a real "dessert" once in a while they could be good as long as you have the calories to spare.
  • michelle2808
    Options
    I admit, Im a PICKY eater and I dont eat a lot of different things....whats a good source of protein? And yes, I'm probably not eating a lot a lunch, so I guess that;s way Im hungry :( Thanks for the cold treat ideas, and it will only be once in a while not every night. I have 15 lbs I want to drop and I exercise and I TRY to eat right but the weight just stays on me :( I hate skinny girls, LOL JK :)
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Chew some gum. Some times I am still hungry just after eating dinner (because I am used to eating two servings and a desert). Something about chewing some gum gets me over it.
  • michelle2808
    Options
    Gum probably will work, but not to get too personal, I heard if you chew gum a lot if will casue bloating and gas? LOL