Sugar

Options
I am SHOCKED at the amount of sugar in what I eat! All I've had so far today is 1 cup of 2% milk and a Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy Yogurt and I've already used 26 grams of my alloted 28 grams a day!

Replies

• Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I go over on my sugar everyday. lol
    So I just don't track it >_>
  • mixtapemusings
    mixtapemusings Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    People think yogurt is healthy but yogurt, even the light yogurt, is FULL of sugar! I actually quit eating yogurt because of it. I try to keep my sugar intake less than 5 grams per serving. It will change your life!

You basically end up cutting out all processed food.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Yep, 3 years ago I just 'counted calories'. Now I include carbs/sugars and I feel better and I lose weight much easier.

Sugar is an addictive agent, I keep my intake below 15g/day. This is ALL sugar, not just refined sugar. This means I have to cut out the majority of fruit, but veggies are generally safe.

Interesting article on sugar: http://www.physorg.com/news148116045.html
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I had to give up yoplait for that reason. There are other yogurts that have much less sugar..but as you're learning, you gotta look for it everywhere!

That said...I stopped tracking it because I feel like eating all the fruit I wanna :) But processed sugar is a different story.
  • cinnaben
    cinnaben Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I knew I had a problem with sugar when I started here, and I try to stay below my goal, but it's HARD! It's not my main focus but I would like to figure out a way to reduce it.

If you want a yogurt option with less sugar try greek yogurt! I just switched to it and it has way less sugar and it's really rich!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    People think yogurt is healthy but yogurt, even the light yogurt, is FULL of sugar! I actually quit eating yogurt because of it. I try to keep my sugar intake less than 5 grams per serving. It will change your life!

You basically end up cutting out all processed food.

If you eat plain, natural yoghurt, it has about 4 g of lactose / 100ml. better to eat it in its unsweetened state and add some raspberries or strawberries. Tastes better too.
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    I agree sugar is in everything. Found out this week its even in spices! Read Read Labels!

I learn't also processed food has so much sugar , so I quit cold turkey and am now making everything at home.

Loving it