Would you weigh in the morning (before breakfast) or evening

Options
2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    For the sake of "science," I weighed myself before I went to bed last night, and when I woke up this morning. Five pounds. I weighed five pounds less this morning.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi there I think very similar as everyone here, I personal weight myself one a week the same day and in the Morning, Usually after I have done my workout and once I get out of the shower I go on the scale, BUT I just found out from someone that I should be weighting myself before working out b/c if you do weight urself after a workout then ur muscle weight more. So I think ur best bet is to get up go to the ladysroom do what you have to do and weight yourself.... Good luck
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I, like most it seems, do it in the morning after the loo and before breakfast. but am now wondering that perhaps it should be after breakfast as that would be fed and watered for the start of the day and therefore a more true relfection of my weight.

But the weight of your breakfast food+fluid isn't *your* weight.

Ideally we all just want a "how much fat am I carrying" measurement but that's not easy so we have to assume that changes in scale weight are a good indication of changes in fat-weight. There are obviously lots of flaws in that assumption, but the more we can eliminate interfering factors (urine, stool, food, drink, clothes) the more reliable the measurements of weight will be.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    "But the weight of your breakfast food+fluid isn't *your* weight."

the fluid is as it replaces that which is lost over night.
  • pakky
    pakky Posts: 17
    Options
    everyone, thanks a lot. I've learned loads about body from this.
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    the important thing here is not WHEN you weigh in. The important thing is that you do it at the same time, every-time you weigh. That way it stays consistent.

An individuals weight will fluctuate many times throughout the day, if you are weighing in at sporadically different times you will get an inconsistent measure.

Personally I weigh in, in the morning. This is before I eat breakfast, before I work out. essentially I get up go pee, get into my workout clothes and weigh myself. Occasionally I will weigh myself at night to see whats happening and where the numbers are... if its higher than expected I don't worry about it cause I know It fluctuates.

So, weigh in when you feel like, just keep it CONSISTENT :)

Cheers
    WR
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    The only weight I "count" is my weight-in on Monday morning, after going to the bathroom, and right before I eat breakfast. All my other weigh-ins are just "check-ins" to see how I'm doing. I do probably 1-2 extra weigh ins throughout the week. But I don't stress about those numbers going up or down.
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    definately morning :)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    As most everyone I weigh in the morning after using the restroom, before shower and breakfast.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Every morning, helps keep me focused all days
    mmm I've been recommended to get rid of scales but I'm with you..take my eye off for a day and.....
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week

everyones body is different but my body usually fluctuates between 2-4lbs on a daily basis (if im on my period its even worse!)

so i try to do it once a week on monday morning before breakfast and after i use the bathroom ;x

otherwise i just get discouraged by the weight movement
  • PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm different from everyone else, that's because I don't own a scale. I always weigh in after my work out.