My first NSV

Options
I'm so pumped I just have to share. I used to love swimming but through the years have stopped - mostly because I'd be SO out of breath I couldn't continue! We belong to a Y and my 10year old DD swims competitively and she's been encouraging me to get in the pool. I did a few months ago - but I couldn't swim the length of the pool without being SOOO out of breath.

I've been working out in the gym, mostly treadmill for a few weeks now, increasing incline and speed until I could do burst of running but I hated every second of it. I mean I did it, but I couldn't wait to be done with it.

Yesterday I decided to just get in the pool and see what I could do. I swam 16 laps - it was slow, it was ugly and I needed to stop to catch my breath at the end of the pool quite frequently but I did it! My DD's swim coach saw me swimming and asked me to come practice with the Masters swim group (just a bunch of old folk swimming around! LOL) I protested that I couldn't swim THAT good, but he disagreed and asked me to give him 2 weeks - I'd be swimming laps like nothing if I did. So, I agreed!! Tomorrow morning at 5am I'll be at the pool - I'll be slow, I'll be ugly but I will DO IT!!!

Replies

• penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That's awesome!
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    :wink: Awesome! Good for you
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That is a great NSV!! :-)
  • superstarcola
    Options
    That's amazing! Swimming feels so good too! You'll be pro in no time! ;)
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So Cool!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! And hurray for your DD who convinced you to come back! :wink: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I am so proud that you are pushing yourself! You deserve to be proud too!
  • thebunches
    Options
    I can't tell you how very PROUD I am of you!!!!! You're an inspiration!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    OMG Girl thats so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! You are going to be feeling like a million bucks getting to that goal! And its so awesome that you will have your own coach helping you get there! Congrats lady! So PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!