So disgusted right now

Options
So last night I had a baby shower to go to. yes on a wednesday night. anyways, so proud of myself I passed on bread AND cake... but this morning i gave into a donut from dunken donuts. and i feel horrible and like crap.!!!!! ARG I am angry with myself!!!!

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    It was just 1 doghnut,try not to let it get to you so much.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ah, don't be angry with yourself! An indulgence from time to time is not going to kill you. Put an extra half hour of exercise on your day...you will feel sooooooo much better!!!!!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Just eat really clean all day, who cares. You can't eat perfect everyday. You gotta enjoy some bad food now and then.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't beat yourself up over it! Eat good stuff for the rest of the day and do something active! :flowerforyou:
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don't get too down on yourself. Just make sure the rest of the day is good. I believe we have to give in sometimes. I know if I don't, then I would go on an all out binge every now and then. Hold your head high! Eating that donut is not going to make you gain your 23 pounds back and if you work out a little bit longer and eat great the rest of the day it probably will not make any difference. You have lost 23 pounds...BE PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR THAT!!! :wink:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! Think of it this way, you've got the entire day to work that off plus you can eat healthy foods the rest of the day. You don't have to be perfect!! :flowerforyou:

I wasn't copying the previous posters, I swear! :laugh: Like minded folks!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need that... and a donut wasn't so bad that you can't recover! We need to treat ourselves sometimes :)
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Look at you! You've lost 23 pounds! You obviously know what you are doing (wish I was at the 23 pound loss mark!, I'd be almost home, LOL). Get over the doughnut and don't let the guilt cuz you to get so far down you eat another just to feel better. To me, you're a hero! Keep up the good work.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get too down on yourself either! Just do an extra workout today. At least it wasn't cake and bread and doughnuts! Way to go willpower! ;)
  • JP_Abstract
    Options
    You'll drive yourself crazy if you don't cheat once in a while... just remember to work it out later on or keep consistently good through out he rest of the day. If you feel like crap, that alone should train you not to touch a donut again.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Only 260 calories which is a nice jog for you today, tomorrow or any other time :)
  • Furrytail2310
    Options
    A donut or a sweet or something like that can't ruin your diet. If you did everything right the whole week, it doesn't matter. So, stop worrying and enjoy the donut you ate, as long as you keep your diet schedule the rest of the week. I have to add here that it is wrong to starve yourself the next day that you theoriticaly ruined your diet. Just continue with your plan. :)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have had my dunkin donuts too ... a treat on occasion won't wipe you out, as long as you log it properly and make sure you stay within your goals overall for the day. It's certainly not something to beat yourself up over. Now, if you had that donut and didn't change anything else to accomodate for it, then you may want to take a look at what you're doing and why. I tend to look at my calories like money. I get to spend 1200 c(ents) on anything I want to eat for the day ... Is that donut worth 240 of them? then OK ... but I still only have 1200 total for the day, so spend the rest wisely...
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Progress, not perfection. Let it go and don't let it turn into a binge. Great job on resisting the food at the shower!
  • Ty_1227
    Ty_1227 Posts: 40
    Options
    Don't be! Everyone needs to splurge once in a while. Just log it and anything you might have had with it (milk, coffee, etc) and you'll be fine. Use it as a motivator for portion control and select a healthier than avg. lunch or dinner choice and I can almost guarantee you'll still meet your deficit.

Don't be too restrictive or too hard on yourself. There are days I've been over my net calories by a little, but the fact that we're all on this site and taking conscious steps to monitor our intake and exercise show motivation that's ALWAYS going to out way one or two bad days. Keep thinking encouraging thoughts and be flexible! Good luck!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Exactly what others said, don't be hard on yourself. I had pizza last week!
    Maybe this will help: don't consider any food "off limits". Have a treat once in a while and you won't feel deprived. If you really want something, have it but don't go overboard and stuff yourself with junk or eat a whol bag of chips. Tomorrow is another day!!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Was it a Boston Creme? I totally would have caved for a Boston Creme :blushing:
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I did something similar yesterday. My work brought in free pizza for lunch for reaching our goal this month. I decided to give in and allow myself ONE slice because I knew if I deprived myself for too long I would end up cheating wayyy worse after a little while. One doughnut shouldn't ruin your whole day! You're human and you need to indulge every once in a while!
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it! These things happen.

Here's what helps me when I'm craving a sweet and "bready" breakfast... I make myself protein pancakes:
    - 1/4 c. oatmeal
    - 1/2 c. cottage cheese
    - 2 eggs
    - cinnamon

Grind everything up in a blender. Pour 1/4 c of the mixture at a time onto a preheated pan or griddle. Top with 1 tsp honey and a few more shakes of cinnamon. Makes about 4 pancakes and holds a whopping 28 grams of protein (and only 4 grams of sugar...8 if you add a teeny bit of honey on top)!

These have been a lifesaver for me! Hope this helps :)
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, we all have good days and bad days, sometime if you forbid yourself from eating 1 donut today maybe what could happen tomorrow you will want it more and you will now not eat only one but two..... Keep up head tomorrow is another day smile and be happy. We are all here for the very similar reasons we all didn't gain all the weight we want to loose in one day or in one week it took time, so is the same way to loose weight we are not going to loose weight in one night. Believe me I have been there have done that and I know exsactly how you feel....... :)