NSV: I can shop at Victoria' Secret again!

Options
hollyb9871
hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
I started with MFP at the end of January. I'm 5'4 and was 145lbs. with a 34F bra size! I have lost 13 lbs. since then (6 more to goal) and my bras have gotten to be too big. I measured last night and found that I had indeed shrunk 2 cup sizes to a 34DD. HAPPY DANCE!! I took a trip to Victoria's Secret where she measured me again at an even smaller size, 34D. After trying a few on I had to go up a cup size to a 34DD and they actually fit! The unfortunate part was the fact that what I needed was a bra for everyday and what they had in stock was more of special occasion bras (think lots of lift and not so much coverage). I will need to order from their website instead but the point is..I can shop there again..YEAH!!

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I say go for the more lift and less coverage.
    -wtk
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo!
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    Awesome!! I love their bras! I was squeezing myself into a 36C when I was a 41D. :( I'm wearing a 38D now and hoping to get back to 36C with my weight loss! 36C is the largest bra in the PINK collection it seems.
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Way to go!!! I've always found when I went into VS that their measurements were totally off.
    I have to say, their bras are cute, but I will probably always shop at Lane Bryant because they're so supportive and awesome!!!

Still awesome that you're back at a store that you love!!! :)
  • hollyb9871
    Options
    I say go for the more lift and less coverage.
    -wtk

My husband would probably agree with you!! :)

I stay home with our children and the last thing I need when we are at the park or hiking is to be showing too much..it's great for date night though!
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    yaaaay that is amazing! Good for you! Wish they had a VS here :(
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Woot! Good Job!
    >Happy dance for you< :)

I need to go on a bit of a spree there when I hit -25lbs. I got a puppy last fall who decided that she is a bra snob...will completely ignore the sports bras, but if there's a VS bra within reach.....she's all over it. I've gotten her to stop, but I'm putting off buying more. I was a 36 C all the way through high school....then got fitted a year and a half ago, because "why are these so darn uncomfortable?". Turns out I had gone up to a 38 D, that's why. So. Sticking with the less expensive stuff until I can reward myself :)
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    THAT IS FANTASTIC...I have that listed as one of my motivational things as well
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Man, am I jelly! I'm a 34GG. Here, mainstream shops usually stop at a G cup. I can't wait to be back in high street sizes!
  • hollyb9871
    Options
    You couldn't find my size in a mainstream shop. I had to go to a specialty boutique and spend a fortune! Best of luck to you I hope you decrease to where you want to be!
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    WTG - congratulations on your new bra size. What a great feeling - My problem area is my tummy.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    Way to go!!! I've always found when I went into VS that their measurements were totally off.
    I have to say, their bras are cute, but I will probably always shop at Lane Bryant because they're so supportive and awesome!!!

I love Lane Bryant too. Unfortunately they don't have band sizes below 36 and most of their stores don't even carry that one. I just downsized to a 36 from a 38. IDK what I'm gonna do if I need a smaller band than that.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of Vickie's!!!!! Congrats to you!!!! I have grown out of Vickie's sizes :sad: But I'm going to get back!!!!! I still have all my small stuff... I'll get back in them....:drinker:

So, Way to Go, Girl!!!!!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good job! Pics! OR it never happened!! HA HAHA
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options

I love Lane Bryant too. Unfortunately they don't have band sizes below 36 and most of their stores don't even carry that one. I just downsized to a 36 from a 38. IDK what I'm gonna do if I need a smaller band than that.

I always order online. I'm pretty sure i've never been a band size smaller than a 36 and that's the lowest they go
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    I love VS, I just wish they did know how to measure. Everytime I get measured, sthey say I'm a 34D, but that size is way too small! Last time I was there the saleswoman tried putting me into a 36DD because even the 34DD was too small (I bought it anyway because the 36 was super big.) But their bras sure do make you feel beautiful
  • hollyb9871
    Options
    Their stuff is so pretty and let's face it when you're wearing pretty things underneath you feel sexier and present yourself better.
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    I am looking forward to the day when that happens to me !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!