Melting Pot tonight for Autism Speaks

Options
It's a great cause and I love The Melting Pot... but does anyone have any tips to try to get out of there without blowing my nutritional bank?

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    no tips, but enjoy I love that restaurant too!!! oh one think i didn't know was that you can cook your main meal and have any left overs boxed up. WE do this now when we go and we aren't so over stuffed.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Basically you can stay away from the cheese and bread, and of course the chocolate fondue and all the yummies that come with that.

But then what is the point?

The one time we have gone to the Melting Pot since I started MFP, I considered it a cheat meal and ate what I wanted. I was happy and had a great time and it didn't do anything to my momentum, I just worked harder the rest of the week and it all balanced out.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there is no way to cut calories there...
    But it's for a good cause, and you don't go there often, so it's okay for a one time thing!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I've never been there so I have no tips (maybe their site has nutrition info???) I just wanted to thank you for supporting the cause :)
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've never been there so I have no tips (maybe their site has nutrition info???) I just wanted to thank you for supporting the cause :)
    Thanks, megz! My daughter has autism, so I'm an Autism Speaks supporting fool!! It's a wonderful organization and they've helped my family, and others like ours, so much. I guess a cheat meal in honor of that isn't SOOOO bad... :tongue:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Wish I could have joined you..........for the cause and the food!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Wish I could have joined you..........for the cause and the food!

same!
  • lesliejsilva
    lesliejsilva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I work at Melting Pot! Free cheese and chocolate = overweight leslie HAHA!

Thank you very much for supporting the cause, my sister's autistic

Have a couple veggies in cheese, fill up on water, and cook your food in Court Boullion (def not the bourginnione [oil]!) and a good suggestion like the PP said is to cook your food and take it home, and skip the chocolate...or have a couple strawberries! Oh man now I want some Melting Pot haha