Apple Butter.

Options
So this past weekend I went with my boyfriend and his family to a little town called Wampuncka, Oklahoma..cue banjo music..hahaha for his sweet little great grandmother's 88th birthday on 08/08/08! Anyways we stopped by a little mom and pop country store and I bought some no sugar added apple butter. I took it home and realized that there was no expiration date..the ingredients are apples, spices and citric acid. Does anyone have any idea of how long it is good for?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• food_junkie
    Options
    So this past weekend I went with my boyfriend and his family to a little town called Wampuncka, Oklahoma..cue banjo music..hahaha for his sweet little great grandmother's 88th birthday on 08/08/08! Anyways we stopped by a little mom and pop country store and I bought some no sugar added apple butter. I took it home and realized that there was no expiration date..the ingredients are apples, spices and citric acid. Does anyone have any idea of how long it is good for?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Wish I had an answer for ya sweets.. sowwy!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    My mom used to eat it.. If I'm correct it only last a a month or so once opened but I don't know about the shelf time. That stuff is the BEST!