How do you handle cravings?

Options
I am dying for chicken parmigiana, a cheeseburger, and cake. How do you guys handle cravings without binging?

Replies

• stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    * bump*
    Because I would also like to know.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Usually ill track it before i eat it then see what the consequences are lol. sometimes you really just cant help yourself. Boca burgers with lofat cheese are a GREAT subsitute for cheesburgers though!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    mmm...cake

For me, I hate giving into cravings out of weakness so I build in planned cheat days. If I have something to look forward to, it usually helps keep me on track when I'm supposed to be.
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    If it isn't something outragous, I usually give in and have it. I almost always make it up with exercise, but sometimes I don't and that's okay. I give into them because I find that it helps me avoid binging later. I think you have worked hard and you deserve a treat! So indulge, just a little!
  • indiantara
    indiantara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Boca idea. I had one for dinner last night and it was delicious!
  • HCGracie
    HCGracie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I am craving something sweet I eat fruit normally helps that craving. These cravings don't happen as much as they used to since I eat fruit daily I feel like I am getting my sweet.
    If I am craving something salty I try to eat nuts.

As for Cheeseburgers I buy extra lean ground beef it contains about 5% fat.