Little Saigon

Options
I am going to a vietnamese restaurant called Little Saigon.. I was wondering if any one knows of any safe choices calorie wise when it comes to Vietnamese food???
:flowerforyou:
Thanks in advance

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I am going to a vietnamese restaurant called Little Saigon.. I was wondering if any one knows of any safe choices calorie wise when it comes to Vietnamese food???
    :flowerforyou:
    Thanks in advance
  • deneuve39
    Options
    Pho (Vietnamese soup) is pretty low-cal although the noodles make it a little high in carbs. Vietnamese food in general is pretty healthy though; lots of grilled meat and fresh veggie options.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    if it is an AUTHENTIC vietnemese food resturaunt your pretty safe!!! My sis in law is Vietnamese and her mom makes the YUMMIEST food ever!!!!just staw away from deep fried ...!!

jackie
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Pho is a great option (I have read it averages out to about 450 calories). Just a note you can ask to get it with less or no noodles which takes off a lot of the calories. And you can ask for extra bean sprouts which are super low cal to make up for having less noodles. Also for vietnamese I have a tendency to overuse the hoisin sauce (brown sweet sauce), and it is apparently quite high in calories (35 per tablespoon). good luck, and good eats!