MFP Runner's Club - 8/12

kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 5 miles at an easy pace bright and early this morning. The weather was great! 59 degrees and only 80% humidity.

Can't wait to hear from you
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 5 miles at an easy pace bright and early this morning. The weather was great! 59 degrees and only 80% humidity.

Can't wait to hear from you
    -Kechie.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good morning!

No run for me today...will get on the elliptical this afternoon!

Have a great day!
    Mireille
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    We ran 4 miles this morning. It was a nice cool run. We started in the dark but as minutes ticked by the sun eventually came out so it wasn't hot when we ended.

Great job to those that have already run and to those who are planning to run today. :flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Good morning runners!

I have not been posting much lately. I have been keeping up with my P90X workouts, but I have not been running as much as I would like. We have had our house on the market for several months and we finally have a buyer. It is a cash deal and they want us out by the end of the month, so I have been pretty busy.

I need to get back to running. I have a nuclear stress test scheduled in early Sept. I want to burn up that treadmill so my doctor will let me off of all my meds.

Way to go to all of you who have been so consistent with your running and posting!!
  • I am new to MFP, but I HAVE to run because I am a Marine... I plan to run today or even do the elliptical on my chow break, but I wanted to say, I also do the power90x work outs. My husband and I started last night actually. I'm gonna start doing two a days... run or do cardio at lunch and do a workout at night. Do you think that is enough exercise for me a day to actually lose weight.... it just feels like I don't get a work out in sometimes, but I AM doing a video or something of that nature. Any infor would help!!! KEEP THE MOTIVATIONS people!!! I know I need it :smile:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]84855.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning All! :heart:

Nice going on your runs, Kechie & Sherry! Can kinda feel Fall's just around the corner, huh? :drinker: :smile: I got 5 in this morning too. My knee is still hurting me, but have some Icy/Hot on it now.

JD - have you found a place to move into?? Colorado's nice, dontcha know. :bigsmile:

Welcome LMK! Sounds like you're getting a lot of workouts in! Glad to have you here & thank you for your service! :flowerforyou:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Kechie- I'm in NC too and went for a surprisingly cool run this morning even for Asheville. I ran to keep warm.
    It was my first before work run outside (not in the gym) and it was so nice to start the day that way watching the sun rise. I want to get up a little earlier next time but I felt good that I made it for this one. I went for a little over 30 min. On thursday I will get up earlier and go for 45 min.

This time there were no bathroom stops in anyones yard! yay.

Have a great tuesday everyone!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Hello!! I finished a 5K just a bit ago (got the boss to cover while I ran!!). So, that was nice.

LMK - that sounds like enough exercise - I do mine together cause not a big fan of trying to squeeze in workouts during lunch - have done it just not a fan so WAY to go on being that committed. And of course you can do it! Oh and had to edit to put the jab in for motivation, of course, (if I can do this AF sister service - surely a Marine can!!)

MLILLIE - way to go!! Me too, no bathroom breaks - very happy:laugh:

Have a great day everyone!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I am new to MFP, but I HAVE to run because I am a Marine... I plan to run today or even do the elliptical on my chow break, but I wanted to say, I also do the power90x work outs. My husband and I started last night actually. I'm gonna start doing two a days... run or do cardio at lunch and do a workout at night. Do you think that is enough exercise for me a day to actually lose weight.... it just feels like I don't get a work out in sometimes, but I AM doing a video or something of that nature. Any infor would help!!! KEEP THE MOTIVATIONS people!!! I know I need it :smile:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]84855.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Welcome: Sounds like you are doing doubles. Should certainly kick weight loss into high gear. However, you will have to ensure that you are eating enough to get through the P90X workout. And believe me those videos are really a good workout; you can burn on an average, 600 cals. Good luck!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    No run for me today. Did Cardio X. May go out later as it is my run day. However, once you start following the x program, running does get put on the back burner.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    I'm doing a 4-mile tempo run tonight after the sun goes down ...

I read this great article on RunnersWorld.com about running only 3x a week to train for a half marathon (and cross train 2x a week). I was just talking with a fellow runner yesterday about how I was concerned that I only ran 3x a week, and then this article showed up in my email box this morning! Check it out:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-258-9369-0,00.html?cm_mmc=training-_-2008_08_12-_-training-_-TRAINING: Run a Half on 3 Days a Week

I have been doing one short-medium run (2-5) miles, one day of speedwork, and one long run (4-11 miles). I am changing my short-medium run to a tempo and will see how it goes! Then I do Boot Camp one day, and some other cross training another day, whether it be another Boot Camp class, a Body Pump (weight-lifting), or just the eliptical.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    wow early posters today you guys! lol

well I did my four miles pushing the boy....I know I can hit 5 miles on my own...no pushing the 48 lb child in jogger up hills:noway: ...but on my own!:wink: lol

10k here I come!:bigsmile:

I also rearranged and cleaned up and out my garage or as I like the call the clutterdome!:grumble:
    so I know that burned some cals...took me like 2 hours! lol:sad:

anyway tomorrow is a turbo jam day but I'll be running again on Thurs and Friday and Sat! woo hoo!

hugs and great job everyone!
    Ali
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I only did 2 miles today, cuz I also did chest, core, and shoulders. Kind of like an interval but I didn't split it up, I did the weights first, then the core, then I did 14 minutes of running on the tred mill. I did 7 mph for 4 minutes, then 9 mph for 2 minutes then 11 mph (for about 2 minutes), then back down (9 and 7 mph), it's a good little workout.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    I'm doing a 4-mile tempo run tonight after the sun goes down ...

I read this great article on RunnersWorld.com about running only 3x a week to train for a half marathon (and cross train 2x a week). I was just talking with a fellow runner yesterday about how I was concerned that I only ran 3x a week, and then this article showed up in my email box this morning! Check it out:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-258-9369-0,00.html?cm_mmc=training-_-2008_08_12-_-training-_-TRAINING: Run a Half on 3 Days a Week

I have been doing one short-medium run (2-5) miles, one day of speedwork, and one long run (4-11 miles). I am changing my short-medium run to a tempo and will see how it goes! Then I do Boot Camp one day, and some other cross training another day, whether it be another Boot Camp class, a Body Pump (weight-lifting), or just the eliptical.

Thanks for the article, Slender. This is just the kind of running program I used to train for my half-marathon, and I love it. One of the things I like best is that I don't get tired of doing the same things over and over. It feels really mixed up, which keeps it more interesting. Tonight is speedwork. I've been going in the morning all summer, but I'm working this week, so it's back to after work. I'm waiting until it cools down a little before I go.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    I totally dogged 7 miles tonight. I'm not sure what my problem was, but I completely struggled. Does anyone ever get a sharp pain in their shoulder while running? It is weird - this is the second day in a row that I've felt it. I push through it and eventually it goes away, but it is still odd.
  • Just checking in, I didn't get a chance to run this morning. I am getting use to working again, and I could have gotten up to run, but thought I should be a little more rested. I am hoping to get up early and run though in the morning.
    I may be taking a few days off to run out of town (no pun intended). Of all things, my mother has been sick for years with headaches, but this last week she had a mini stroke and they found that she has a brain tumor and a bad heart. Why they find it now after years of xrays and everything else. I am sure the bad heart is from the medications she has been on for the headaches. And the tumor I guess is removable, so I will be gone for a few days as soon as I find out more. I am not worried to much though, I am sure she will be fine. She is too tough to give up on something like this. She has promised to out live her ex husbands (2) and even her current husband. :wink:
    Of all places though, they took her to Las Vegas to get worked on. I guess I will have to find a hotel somewhere out there, I wonder if they have any.:tongue:
    I know that last part wasn't about running, but I just found out and it is good to vent it a little. You guys are all so wonderful in this club, thanks for reading.
    I will let you know what happens next. My family in the last 5 years have all had so many things happen to them, that I am almost numb when stuff like this happens any more. I don't know how we are all alive.
    Real short story... (I will leave a lot out to keep it short) But this is all in about the last 5 years

My mom had an opperation... almost dies (doctors fault) permantly disabled. Wins law suite, lawyer takes money and runs...(eventually she gets it back, but it was long time)
    Brother working on house, nail gun, shoots good eye pretty much out.
    Sister has car accident (drove off 200 ft cliff on accident), almost dies multiple times, pokes her good eye, now totally blind in that eye and sufferes some brain damage.
    My father has stroke (he is divorced and only has me) so I take care of him for a year. (had to quit job)
    He gets better I send him home
    I find new job that I love
    I find cancer (disabled and wont go into all that intailed and how many operations and chemo) and while I am recoopig from that, my father decided to lay on the couch and not get up for 5 days at his house. So he moves in here for the remainder of my healing (And not a nice person really) until I had to pretty much kick him out so I could have another operation with out him here. (I wasn't allowed to raise my arms for two weeks, and with him here that wouldn't happen)
    I go back to work after over a year just yesterday and now my mom finds all this out about her tumor in the last 2 days.

What am I supposed to do? I just don't get how so many things can all happen to my close and personal family. It is never ending, before one thing is finished up with, something else over laps.
    I guess we are all alive and that is what really counts, but it would be nice if we had a year without just stuff in the way.
    Is that all too much to talk about in the runners club? :bigsmile:
    Talk to you tomorrow,
    SM
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Just checking in, I didn't get a chance to run this morning. I am getting use to working again, and I could have gotten up to run, but thought I should be a little more rested. I am hoping to get up early and run though in the morning.
    I may be taking a few days off to run out of town (no pun intended). Of all things, my mother has been sick for years with headaches, but this last week she had a mini stroke and they found that she has a brain tumor and a bad heart. Why they find it now after years of xrays and everything else. I am sure the bad heart is from the medications she has been on for the headaches. And the tumor I guess is removable, so I will be gone for a few days as soon as I find out more. I am not worried to much though, I am sure she will be fine. She is too tough to give up on something like this. She has promised to out live her ex husbands (2) and even her current husband. :wink:
    Of all places though, they took her to Las Vegas to get worked on. I guess I will have to find a hotel somewhere out there, I wonder if they have any.:tongue:
    I know that last part wasn't about running, but I just found out and it is good to vent it a little. You guys are all so wonderful in this club, thanks for reading.
    I will let you know what happens next. My family in the last 5 years have all had so many things happen to them, that I am almost numb when stuff like this happens any more. I don't know how we are all alive.
    Real short story... (I will leave a lot out to keep it short) But this is all in about the last 5 years

My mom had an opperation... almost dies (doctors fault) permantly disabled. Wins law suite, lawyer takes money and runs...(eventually she gets it back, but it was long time)
    Brother working on house, nail gun, shoots good eye pretty much out.
    Sister has car accident (drove off 200 ft cliff on accident), almost dies multiple times, pokes her good eye, now totally blind in that eye and sufferes some brain damage.
    My father has stroke (he is divorced and only has me) so I take care of him for a year. (had to quit job)
    He gets better I send him home
    I find new job that I love
    I find cancer (disabled and wont go into all that intailed and how many operations and chemo) and while I am recoopig from that, my father decided to lay on the couch and not get up for 5 days at his house. So he moves in here for the remainder of my healing (And not a nice person really) until I had to pretty much kick him out so I could have another operation with out him here. (I wasn't allowed to raise my arms for two weeks, and with him here that wouldn't happen)
    I go back to work after over a year just yesterday and now my mom finds all this out about her tumor in the last 2 days.

What am I supposed to do? I just don't get how so many things can all happen to my close and personal family. It is never ending, before one thing is finished up with, something else over laps.
    I guess we are all alive and that is what really counts, but it would be nice if we had a year without just stuff in the way.
    Is that all too much to talk about in the runners club? :bigsmile:
    Talk to you tomorrow,
    SM

Holy Crap!!
    All I got is HUGS for you! I'm so sorry you have gone and are going through so much.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: