If tomorrow never comes...

Options
emilysebastian
emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
I heard that song (Garth Brooks) this morning on the way to work, and wondered... if I knew that tomorrow truly were not coming, how do I feel about my progress? Specifically, my healthy lifestyle changes/choices--am I doing everything I can? Am I putting forth my full effort, or just "phoning it in" as Jillian would say? Am I striking a balance between being consumed by fitness and enjoying a real life with my family and friends? I'm happy to say YES :bigsmile: If tomorrow never comes, or if I never lose another pound or size or run that damn sub-40 5k, I am happy knowing I am treating my body the way it NEEDS and DESERVES to be treated (finally) and still having fun at the same time. I am trying, and that is what matters to me--today, I am looking forward to TODAY :smile:

What about you? How would you feel if you knew that you only have today? Healthy lifestyle or otherwise?

:heart: Have a wonderful day, and give it your best!

Replies

• watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i love that song, my mom played that song again and again as a kid (different artist)
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    If tommorow never comes the last thing I would be worried about would be my weight loss journey.

Would be will my family know how much I loved them. How proud of them I was.

Will my friends know how much I loved them, how greatfull I was they were in my life.

This is why I hate most country songs. Sappy crap that gets me booohoooing....
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, today would be a day of nachos, ding dongs and wine if it was all going to end tomorrow. :embarassed:
  • live2smyle
    Options
    In all honesty, today would be a day of nachos, ding dongs and wine if it was all going to end tomorrow. :embarassed:
    Bahahahahhaha....No kidding huh!! Mine would probably be booze cheese & cake lots n lots of cake!
  • TinaBina313
    TinaBina313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If tomorrow never comes I will be fine. My family and friends know that I love them dearly. Just the chance to experience life is an gift within itself.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    If tommorow never comes the last thing I would be worried about would be my weight loss journey.

Will my friends know how much I loved them, how greatfull I was they were in my life.

I tend to agree, I wouldnt worry about my progress. I would spend every minute with my family!

as for the country songs, I like a lot but I have always hated that song. The good thing about a lot of country songs is, if you play it backwards you get all your stuff back (wife, house, dog, and your sober again,...etc...) That joke may go over some peoples head but most will get it! :-)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I heart that song.. Garth Brooks has always been one of my favorite country artists, right along with Reba.

Anyway, if tomorrow never comes, I'd be sad, most because I'd miss watching my little girl grow up. I want to see her grow and change and find her life, and be there to experience it with her. Though I know she'd be totally fine and taken care of without me, I would be sad getting to miss that.

But otherwise, I agree with the poster about today being a day of ding-dongs and nachos. Except I'd be all over a bag of Lays Carolina BBQ chips. The GIANT bags at Wal-Mart. Yum..
  • live2smyle
    Options
    I tend to agree, I wouldnt worry about my progress. I would spend every minute with my family!

as for the country songs, I like a lot but I have always hated that song. The good thing about a lot of country songs is, if you play it backwards you get all your stuff back (wife, house, dog, and your sober again,...etc...) That joke may go over some peoples head but most will get it! :-)
    Hahahahhaha
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

THIS!!!! Could care less about my weight, I would be spending every moment with my family!!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Some days I think if tomorrow never came, it'd be doing me a huge favor.