Twenty Pound Something Week 5

Options
good morning. i guess Kistinbee is sleeping in this morning. did everyone see pedalhound's pics on her messg. she looks great!!! good going pedal.

well, i lost what i had gained plus a few more. total since beginning is 4#s. i am pleased since i haven't really been very good. now i am on a roll. only 3#s and i will be at 229. another 10 to have bit the dust. i first mini goal is to get to 214. that is what i was when i quit smoking and after has lost 72#s. than second goal would be under 200 into onederland.

off to exercise. burn them calories.

check back later, have a great week everyone.

chipper

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning. i guess Kistinbee is sleeping in this morning. did everyone see pedalhound's pics on her messg. she looks great!!! good going pedal.

well, i lost what i had gained plus a few more. total since beginning is 4#s. i am pleased since i haven't really been very good. now i am on a roll. only 3#s and i will be at 229. another 10 to have bit the dust. i first mini goal is to get to 214. that is what i was when i quit smoking and after has lost 72#s. than second goal would be under 200 into onederland.

off to exercise. burn them calories.

check back later, have a great week everyone.

chipper
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :yawn: I'm up! I'm up!:yawn: Ate my breakfast before checking in this morning...I was HUNGRY!!! :blushing: Oh well! Thanks for starting the post Chipper! So excited it's a new week! Haven't weighed yet...I'll check back in a bit. Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast:
    Lenders Blueberry Bagel with Fat free strawberry cream cheese, 1 c. canteloupe, 1/2 cup black grapes, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. Sugar free vanilla caramel creamer, soft-baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
    1/2 c. fat free cottage cheese, 5 ritz reduced fat crackers, 14 baby carrots, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 c. green grapes, 100 cal. pack almonds, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar.

Dinner:
    Leftover Hotdog with lite bun, 1 sl. american free single cheese, Homemade garden salad with spritzer dressing.

PM Snack:
    Depends on remaining calories.

Exercise plan--45 minute step class, 15 minute Abs, Week 4 Day 1 100 PushUp Challenge

So...I think today will be good! I'm gonna check out Pedalhounds pictures and post again in a bit with a new weight!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!:drinker: WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
  • dthughes
    dthughes Posts: 39
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Pedelhound: Awesome pics... way to go... what an inspiration.

Well... I sucked it up last night and paid for my gym membership. The guy was really nice and knocked off two months that I owed when I told him that because of recent medical issues I really need to focus on my health. Never meant for him to do that. I think someone else was looking out for me and sending me a message.

I am not going to weigh in till tomorrow. I am up 2 pounds but I think with the new meds that I am on it makes me so bloated.

Today..

Breakfast: cup of cherrios with skim milk

Snack: one apple and toast with 1 tbs of pb

Lunch: I am suppose to meet with my swim team to introduce them to their new coach at a Mexican Rest. .... Ummmmm I know that I can't hold back... mexican food is my weakness. I think that I am going to stop by and say hi then go to the gym to swim!!! Yep, that is what I am going to do!!! So I think that I am going to get a soup and salad from Panera Bread or go to subway.

PM snack: I may pick up a small protein shack or snack

Dinner: 1 cup of Dirty rice with lean ground beef side of spinich and if I go to the store to pick up stuff for a salad.

Hope everyone has a great day. I can't wait to get back to work... one more week. I am going to miss my little man but it will be nice to not have all the temptations.. since I eat when I am board.
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

Im down 4lbs this week..YAY! I worked my butt off last week!

Soo..week 5 check in weight: 222!! :smooched:

week 4-226/week 3- 229/week 2-233/week 1- 238.8

total loss as of week 5: 16.8lbs!!! :drinker:

I set mini goals on my profile, and Ive got to my first one early! YaY! And Im only 2lbs away from my 2nd mini goal..woohoo!!

Today:
    breakfast: protein bar
    lunch: ?
    dinner: ?
    snacks: fiber water mix, strawberries
    exercise: Not sure yet

I will be going to visit my grandfather at the hospital today so Im not sure if I will have time for exercise, depending on how long im there. Also not sure of meals beyond breakfast- but I will take a protein bar with me down there and eat a salad if we go anywhere down there.

So I hope everyone has a great check in day, and if you are up a lil, dont get discouraged! We still have over half this challenge to go still!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chipper15173
    Options
    katyk08..when you go to the hospital, park a little farther away and get in a little walk, and maybe climb a flight or two of stairs. this way you can get in some exercise. if you are there for lunch walk around the outside of the hospital. every little bit helps.
    hope your grandfather gets better.
    chipper
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay, so here's the stats:

Week 1--171.5
    Week 2--170.0
    Week 3--169.0
    Week 4--169.5
    Week 5--168.5
    Goal (by week 13)--151.5
    Total lost--3 pounds
    Total remaining--17 pounds

SO...if I stay at this rate, I will NEVER lose the 20 in 13 weeks!:explode: But I will take the .5 pound loss since last week I wasn't really "behaving" and had some off days. Plus, this weekend wasn't THAT great either. SO...okay...

But...I need to get on it! We have 9 weeks left (counting week 13) so let's think...I need to lose 2 pounds a week from now on to reach my goal! :noway: We will see how it goes. Plus...little nervous already for Labor day weekend. We will be at a house on Lake of the Ozarks from Friday until Tuesday and although I can help plan meals, we are going with two other couples and staying with a friends uncle, so meals will be for ALL of us. I'm gonna try and go running in the mornings...that should help. I had set a Labor Day goal of 162 pounds...that would mean losing 6.5 pounds in the next 3 weeks. I'm gonna work hard...and just MAYBE...

Enough on me....PEDALHOUND....AMAZING!!!! You look FABULOUS!!!! Congrats on the WONDERFUL accomplishment!!! Keep it up girl!!!!!:drinker:

Everyone else, have a FABULOUS Tuesday and a GREAT start to a new week!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    SO...I'm gonna start trying something...setting weekly goals for myself. Maybe it will further help motivate me to do better. My goals for this week:

1. Lose 2 pounds (weigh in at 166.5 next Tuesday).
    2. Take measurements--this may help me.
    3. Bump up my running speed a bit.
    4. Avoid ice cream temptations...I have a HUGE bucket of ice cream in my freezer...last night I ate spoonfulls from the container...BAD BAD KRISTIN!!!!!

So, if anyone would like to join me in setting mini weekly goals, feel free. I just think it would be good. Especially since I seem to be keeping up with the constant goals I've set--cardio 5 X week for 30 minutes, weights 2 X week for 1 hour, multivitamin every day! Yay! I CAN DO IT!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    thx everyone!! I'll check in later - my Mum is here visiting and I haven't had time yet! :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    thx everyone!! I'll check in later - my Mum is here visiting and I haven't had time yet! :bigsmile:

AWE...enjoy time with your mum and we look forward to hearing from you later! **hugs**
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Argh...I am SO bloated! It's soon to be my TOM! But...leaving work now and heading to the gym for Step class and Abs. Hope it makes my tummy feel better!

Have a good evening everyone!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    sure glad i don't have those things anymore. LOL :happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    sure glad i don't have those things anymore. LOL :happy:

Funny...funny! :laugh: :grumble: But...must say...after a workout:drinker: , some chocolate:love: , and relaxing in the hot tub:glasses: ...I feel much better! Now...off to bed!

Tomorrow I have the day off...it's my sisters last day in town before she's off to school, so I am helping her pack. So I am hitting the gym in the morning for a run and a BodyPump class! So...I may not post until a little later, depending on when I get up. And...am eating at my parents for lunch and dinner...so hopefully no major challenges for the day. But...I will check back that evening as well!

Have a great night of sleep my friends! I'll talk to you in the A-M!!!!:heart:
  • dthughes
    Options
    UGHHHHH:explode: I didn't go over my calories but I ate some empty ones. Ummmm. Like Doritos:grumble:

I finally go back to work tomorrow so I won't check in with eveyone till tomorrow afternoon.

Pedalhound: I do hope you enjoied your mum!!!

Tina
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning!!! I'm just getting ready to head to the gym here in a few. Like I said...don't know the whole meal plan for the day...going to my parents house and will eat lunch and dinner there. But...I might try and sneak on a computer while I'm there and catch you up. Here's what I do know...

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain Cheerios, 1/2 c. skim milk, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free vanilla caramel creamer, soft baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Exercise Plan--1/2 hour run, 1 hour BodyPump class

And that's all I know for now. I will try and check in later this afternoon, but if not, then tonight.
    Have a GREAT day!!!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    morning everyone,
    well i didnt get a chance to check in yesterday
    so im still at 141lb but thats okay since im maintaning and not gaining

kristin is on to something with setting goals so im going to join her

1) exercise 5 times a week (i have only doing 3)
    2) no cheating with snacks
    3)lose 2 lbs this week

today is my sons birthday party and i made him a skateboard ramp cake its sooo cool!! so i will have a small piece of cake tonight with the family but i will keep the rest of my day light.

katy -- you are doing so good girl!!! keep up the good work its motivating to see your numbers

today- weight watchers bannana bread 180ccal and fiber yogurt 80 cal and coffee of course

lunch lean cuisine 230 cal and a ssmall peach 60cal
    green tea

snack trail mix
    and fiber one bar right before i go to diinner (haha)

dinner ???? not my turn to cook
    small piece of cool cake LOL

have a great day everyone!!!:happy:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    hey!
    well yesterday i didnt get any exercise, except for walking around the hospital a little bit.
    I didnt have lunch, but I ate a grilled ckn salad and then when I got home late last night I ate 3 bites of steak that was cooked for dinner that I missed.

Today I am just way lazy! :yawn: I had to be at my school early to rearrange my schedule, and I stayed up late from being at the hospital. Im not sure if I will exercise today, Im going to try to motivate myself. If not I will just use yesterday and today as my rest days!!

So meals so far..
    Bfast: protein bar, bottle h20
    lunch: turkey chz sandwich and fat free light pringles, baby carrots
    dinner: planning on a small salad with tomatoe and baby carrots and thats proly it!
    snacks: strawberries, fiber water

if i can motivate myself to get out and exercise Ill do about 30min on treadmill and 30 min on exercise bike maybe...

Oh and I was pleasantly surprised yesterday..at the hospital the family that was there was really impressed with my weight loss and noticed a big difference. I wore a pair of black pants and a shirt that is kind of fitted that Ive had for awhile and has been too small for over a year and it now fits..and actually shows that Ive lost weight. I guess it really does matter what you wear when it comes to being able to tell if youve lost weight..I saw my family not even 2 weeks ago and noone noticed that I had lost weight at all!! I gave props to this site and my dad and his wife and possibly my cousin may check this out now ;)

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!!

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dthughes
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

I loved being back at work yesterday. No temptations or grazing either:drinker:

Kristin ... I really love the idea of mini goals. I made one yesterday and accomplished it. You feel more success knowing that you can acheive.

Katy... Your weight loss keeps me going. I am so inspired by the numbers that keep dropping. Way to go!!!

I didn't get to weigh in yesterday so I did it this morning and I am down a pound!!!! I am know at 214 in week five:bigsmile:

I have no meal plan today yet. I have to go work in my room but my goal is not to go to any fast food.

Have a great day everyone and I will check back later.

Tina
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I flaked off on this because it wasn't working for me. I lost only 1 pound! I'm doing everything in my power to get it going, but nothing seems to be working.

I think i hear diet pills calling me.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi friends! Sorry it's SO late in the day. I've been WAY busy at work and haven't had a chance to check in. Yesterday was a disaster! :grumble: I ate HORRIBLY at my parents! And ice cream too! Oh well...this morning I actually weigh less...so not too discouraged! Here's the plan:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain cheerios, 1/2 c. skim mik, 8 oz. diet cran-grape juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee with 2 tbsp sugar free Vanilla Caramel creamer. **Didn't have time for Kashi bar**

Lunch:
    Tuna Salad Sandwich (2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, 1 single can tuna in water, 1 tbsp reduced fat Hellmans mayo, 1 slice American free cheese), 1 tomato, 14 baby carrots, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 c. grapes, 100 cal. pack almonds, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar.

Dinner:
    Homemade salad with fresh greens and tomato, 1 leftover hotdog (yes...still have leftovers from Saturday), 1 slice american Free cheese, 1 hotdog bun.

PM Snack:
    Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan---45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout, Week 4 Day 2 100 PushUp Challenge.

So...I think today should go well. I wish everyone else luck! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!:drinker:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning! Where is everyone?? I hope all is well. Last night was fine...I ate some ice cream though :blushing: but stayed within my calories for the day. Tonight we're going back to the Iowa State Fair for a Tracy Lawrence and Blake Shelton concert (country fan here) and I can't promise that I won't have any beverages! But I will try and be good. AND I'm heading to the gym after work for an hour on the elliptical. Here's the meal plan for the day:

Breakfast:
    single pack of cinnamon roll oatmeal, 1/2 c. canteloupe, 1 Capri Sun juice box, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free Vanilla Caramel creamer, soft-baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
    1/2 c. fat free cottage cheese, 5 wheat ritz crackers, 14 baby carrots, 2 tbsp. fat free Dill dip, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. apple, 2 chocolate crunch rice cakes, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar.

Dinner:
    HomeMade salad with spritzer dressing, ????NO IDEA WHAT ELSE YET!!!!

PM Snack:
    I'm sure beverages at the fair.

Exercise plan--1 hour elliptical, walking at the fair.

SO...tonight shouldn't be too damaging. And tomorrow I'm planning on forcing myself to get up early and make it to spinning class which I missed last week!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! Have a FANTASTIC Friday!!!!:drinker: