HG's Slammin' Slaw

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
Slaw of Attraction!
A BBQ without cole slaw is like a sheep without a treadmill. OK, it's actually WAY worse than that (because, um, sheep don't use exercise equipment). So that's why we created this insanely DELICIOUS low-cal swap. Heeeeere ya go...

Ingredients:
One 16-oz. package cole slaw mix, dry (or 6 cups shredded cabbage mixed with 1 cup shredded carrots)
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
2 1/2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1 tsp. Dijonnaise
2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
To make dressing, combine mayo, sour cream, rice vinegar, Dijonnaise, sweetener, and seasoned salt. Mix well. Place cole slaw mix in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir until all of the slaw is thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (For best flavor, make slaw the night before you plan to serve it.) Then just give it a good stir, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy! MAKES 6 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 2/3 cup (1/6th of recipe)
Calories: 49
Fat: <0.5g
Sodium: 304mg
Carbs: 9.5g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 5g
Protein: 1.25g

POINTS® value 1*

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Slaw of Attraction!
    A BBQ without cole slaw is like a sheep without a treadmill. OK, it's actually WAY worse than that (because, um, sheep don't use exercise equipment). So that's why we created this insanely DELICIOUS low-cal swap. Heeeeere ya go...

Ingredients:
    One 16-oz. package cole slaw mix, dry (or 6 cups shredded cabbage mixed with 1 cup shredded carrots)
    1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
    1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
    2 1/2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
    1 tsp. Dijonnaise
    2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
    1/4 tsp. seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
    salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
    To make dressing, combine mayo, sour cream, rice vinegar, Dijonnaise, sweetener, and seasoned salt. Mix well. Place cole slaw mix in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir until all of the slaw is thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (For best flavor, make slaw the night before you plan to serve it.) Then just give it a good stir, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy! MAKES 6 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 2/3 cup (1/6th of recipe)
    Calories: 49
    Fat: <0.5g
    Sodium: 304mg
    Carbs: 9.5g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 5g
    Protein: 1.25g

POINTS® value 1*