Breakfast idea

Options
I have a friend that gave me some info (she is the on that started me on MFP). She would eat breakfast and then want to eat all day long and go over her calories. She always felt like her day was ruined. So she started skipping breakfast and would snack all day and pig out at dinner. So she read on here a long time ago, a post about breakfast that worked for her.

You get Mrs. Bairds or Sara Lee sandwich thins. For those of you that have never tried them, they are a replacement for hamburger buns, sandwhiches and they are whole wheat. You cover the bread with mozzarella (low in fat and high in protein) and pop it in a toaster oven to melt the cheese. She said it is really good, its under 200 calories and it keeps you full until lunch. Now she has lost 18 pounds. I am going to try this. I always eat all day if I eat breakfast, but if I skip it, I pig out when it is time to eat. Does anyone know any other "snacks" or meals that keep you full?

Replies

• lisaeleonard
    lisaeleonard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I dont know if they have Tropical Smoothie Cafe near you but I love them. If you get a Blue Lagoon with splenda it only has 135 calories. I get one at 7:30 on my way to work and usually don't finish it unitl around 11 so it keeps me full until lunch. It is not good to skip breakfast as your body will go into starvation mode and store the calories you do eat. Hope this helps :-)
  • OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love everything bagel thins with weight watchers cream cheese (1oz individuals). So good! Sometimes I'll even throw a chopped up hard boiled egg white on each of them!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    - Sara Lee Lite Whole Wheat Bread- 2 slices (35 calories a slice) with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/4 cup cooked egg beaters
    - 1 low carb tortilla (70 calories) with 1/4 cup egg beaters cooked and 1/2 slice melted fat free american cheese with a handful of almonds (made into burrito w/ almonds eaten separately)
    - 1/4 cup dry oats cooked in microwave with 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup egg beaters cooked in microwave, and handful of almonds (eaten separately)
    - 1 container plain nonfat greek yogurt layered with 1/3 cup fresh berries, 2 Tbsp sliced almonds and 1/4 cup high fiber cereal
    - Spray small bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Crumble over 1 slice lite wheat bread and top with 1/4 cup egg beaters and a lean meat (like turkey bacon or cheese), cook for 1 1/2 minutes covered in microwave. Enjoy with healthy fat.

These are all 200 calories or less! Enjoy :smile:
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast fan. I'm lucky to work at a free health clinic so I had a nutrionist look over my diary on here. She said the reason I wasn't losing weight was because I was skipping breakfast. She advised me that if I would eat something as simple as whole wheat toast with peanut butter or even a slimfast that it would get my metabolism up. So I took her advice this week. I've been eating peanut butter crackers and a Fiber Plus bar....always in a hurry in the mornings. Since doing this I lost almost a pound this week after nothing in almost a month. Though I've found if I eat those Jimmy D'Lights I don't get hungry before my lunch break.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You have to eat protein if you want to be fuller longer. Try some Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese with that or as your morning snack.

If real serious, go to Real Protein Shakes such as Premier or Pure Protein or try adding the Protein Powder such as Pure Protein or Jay Robb to the Yogurt and Cottage Cheese, you could even sprinkle it on the toast then put the cheese on and probably never know it was there but your body would!

Good Luck and Keep us posted on your progress!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt. I don't like the plain for breakfest so I get the fruit ones Chobani is my favorite. if I get hungry I sip on V8 until lunch.

I also love teh brekfest burritos a teh work cafiteria. i get mine with one whoel egg, onions, green peppers and jalapenos. sometimes i add cheddar cheese if i'm feeling decident and I dip in salsa. I clculated mine at about 287 cals with teh cheese.
  • bmmiller4
    bmmiller4 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am the same way. If I eat breakfast I feel like I am hungry all day and have plowed through most of my calories by afternoon snack time! I also know I shouldn't skip breakfast either...just really don't like fixing it. The other day I decided to have a protein shake (Special K) and a hard boiled egg...1:00 rolled around and I realized that I hadn't had lunch yet because I really hadn't felt hungry. Going to try that for a few days and see if things don't go better.