5'7 with a loss of 50-80lbs??

Options
allison7922
allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
Any one around 5'7 and have already lost between 50-80lbs (or more). Success stories/pictures needed for motivation. I am having a REALLY bad week and I feel I will NEVER get there! Thanks!!!!!!

Replies

• nelsonab
    nelsonab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am between 5'6 and 5'7 and I have lost 52 pounds to date. My starting weight was 267 and I am currently 214. I don't have any pics here at work with me, but I may be able to load some later. It's a slow process and it takes patience, I know not really what you want to hear. I started last July, but I had to take a break in November due to gallbladder surgery. It has been really hard to get my momentum back. I have only lost 10 pounds since the first of the year. Not sure what has slowed it down, but I am upping my workouts and adjusting my diet trying to break through to get below 200. Stay the course, I just have to keep telling myself I know I am smaller even if the scale doesn't move that much. My clothes are huge.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you i was feeling stuck too im 5'7 and my most was at 265 and i went down to 235 before i got onto this site.
    And im stuck trying to workout out and beat PCOS which causes me to have a harder time losing the weight and restricting anything i eat for fear i will gain faster than the average woman. I have hope of getting under 200 too.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    :sad: frustrating at times
  • nelsonab
    nelsonab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too had/have PCOS my symptoms have gotten much, much better as I have lost the weight. I am trying low carb/high protein right now to see if it kick starts my progress. I have also considered going back on the metformin to see if it helps.
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    Options
    you can do it . it won't happen over night or in a week but you can do it. i would submit pics but when i was 260lbs i refused to let anybody even point a camera in my direction.
  • goddessj
    goddessj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I also have pcos! I gave up on eating right and exercising after I lost 35 pounds just by beginning Metformin:mad: ! This is the first time I am trying to get in shape with the meds. I have never lost 3 pounds in one week before, and it looks like closer to 10 pounds lost!:happy: I think this site is great, and it can really help. You can do it! Have you tried Met?
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Quote from itim_

I wanted to share something that has helped me, not only with dieting, but in life in general...

In the book, "You! On a Diet" it says, (and I paraphrase) if you slip up (say eat 1/2 a cake or go for an extra slice of pizza) simply make a "U-Turn." It likens it to the GPS system in your car... if you miss a turn, it doesn't say... well, you've screwed up now, you might as well go all the way in the wrong direction. No. Instead it says, at your next possible opportunity, make a U-Turn.

Using this logic, there is no longer such a thing as a "gateway" food or an excuse to give up. Because if you screw up, just make a U-Turn and get back on the right course.

From me: I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance (not diabetic) I use metformin and Byetta and is helping ALOT!!!
    Don't let it frustrate you... FYI, I am 5'5 with appx 180lbs more to go..
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 72 lbs, I still have another 80 to go but here are the pics.

Before

[img]http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m598/jhardenbergh/Suit pics/IMG00001-20110122-2045.jpg[/img]

After

[img]http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m598/jhardenbergh/Suit pics/menewsuit.jpg[/img]
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You're on my buddy list. :) However, I started at 250lbs in January 2011. As of this morning, I'm at 208.6 lbs. You and your sis are doing great! Hang in there girl!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!